View Poll Results: recce/SPR bipod choice

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tango Down Advanced Combat Bipod

15 9.68%
  • Harris Bipod Mount Combo (LaRue or ADM)

93 60.00%
  • VLTOR BI-Pod

5 3.23%
  • BOBRO Gen 3 BIPOD w/BLAC

23 14.84%
  • Other

19 12.26%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bipods - with poll

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have experience with the Harris and I love it. It is on my brothers AR and I've used it from the bench and out hunting prairie dogs. It has always been solid durable even with me banging it around. The only issue I have had is that it tends to come loose and if I were going to be using it a lot, I would definitely throw some thread locker on it.
    Tu ne cede malis
    http://mises.org

"Cheer up Jim. Thank God we don’t get as much government as we pay for!"
    -Charles Kettering

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here is a pic of my Recce build. Her name is Becky. Note the bipod, a great deal I got from another member here at M4C.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here are two more, one showing the bipod folded. I am not Stickman, sorry. I wish I could take pictures like he can.

Since I took these the light has been removed, as has the front sight since I had to remove the rear iron to mount the scope. My HK irons are going on another build now and I have mounted the Fastfire II as a back-up optic to the XTR-14.

This is my "zombie gun". It would also make a nice coyote eradication tool for the next time I get back to Idaho.

Thank you to M4C for making this rifle what it is, the flaws are all my fault.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    The Harris, w/swivel rocks. For me the swivel is key. Have had a few for years on two long guns.

I picked up a GGG and that is very sturdy and light by feel alone. Only used it a couple of times though.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Tangodown also swivels.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    LaRue/Harris vote here. It works. Oh, and I only paid $100 for the combo.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am similarly in the market for a bipod. I own numerous rifles (bolt guns/lever actions/ar15s in different configs) but never owned a bipod. I building a SAM-R clone, so needs are pretty much same as the OP (SPR/Recce).

My question:
    6-9 or 9-13?

Some say the 9-13 is better for 30 round mags. Is that the general consensus? 9-13 for AR rifles?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go 9-13 with an AR.

Feedback Score
    i have both harris and versa pod.

im sure im in the minority but i prefer the versa-pod, for some reason i feel i can load it better, or lean into it better gets me faster second shot acquisition, less jump and can see most bullets hit on target. because of this ability to load it i even prefer it over shooting off bags.

if you try out the harris make sure you get one with pod lock or like device.

i also have issues with 30round mags and prone shooting

part the idea of shooting prone is concealment, which translates to as close to mother earth as as possible. sure there occasions where you'll need more height but learning to shoot from a low prone is more important. which means shorter than 30 mag. in the bolt gun realm the 6-9 is king

Feedback Score
    Harris

I have a 6-9 on a current rifle. I also have a 9-13 on the workbench for another build. Both very good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345