Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning the lens of my weapon light?

Feedback Score
    I was searching for a solution to this carbon build up problem. None of the suggestions here worked that great so I tried dilute apple cider vinegar and the buildup came right off with no work at all. Definitely using tape or some type of wax as a preventative from here on out.

Oh yeah,

I'm new here.

Hi everyone!

Alex
    Last edited by txalex; 09-01-17 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could put one of these on it when you go to the range to keep it from getting dirty in the first place.

https://www.butlercreek.com/en/scope...rd-scope-cover

The bezel diameter seems to be right in the middle of a #1 and #2 size, so I'm not sure how loose or tight each of them would be. At $8, it not too expensive to find out though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    You could put one of these on it when you go to the range to keep it from getting dirty in the first place.

https://www.butlercreek.com/en/scope...rd-scope-cover

The bezel diameter seems to be right in the middle of a #1 and #2 size, so I'm not sure how loose or tight each of them would be. At $8, it not too expensive to find out though.
    Nice Find!

Feedback Score
    I coat my lense with slip2000 to prevent caking up and seems to work.

However I forgot to for a few hundred rounds and got a buildup on the edges that mpro 7 wouldn't dissolve. I used metal polish and it was gone in about 10 seconds of rubbing.

I use a Tlr1
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-01-17 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by txalex View Post
    Nice Find!
    Thanks. I use it on my VN customized S200C2 light mounted on my DDM4V5. Works great!

Feedback Score
    I use this on my vehicle windows and lens of my weapon lights. It works excellent to keep your windshield clean. It is excellent for cleaning, and when you use it often, it puts a finish on the lens that really aids in cleaning up.

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaner-Carna...ar+wax+aerosol

I'm guessing any good carbon wax would work...but I love this stuff for my vehicles.

I'll tell you one more thing that works outstanding...Ballistol

Feedback Score
    Considering the particle size would be comparable with brake dust. Perhaps something like this would be helpful.

McKee's 37 Wheel Coating

http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-coating.html

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    as mentioned before... I use chap stick on the lens and just wipe it off every once in a while. I use a butler creek scope cap on the TLR1 for negligent discharges when I DO NOT want the light to be visible for any reason

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    as mentioned before... I use chap stick on the lens and just wipe it off every once in a while. I use a butler creek scope cap on the TLR1 for negligent discharges when I DO NOT want the light to be visible for any reason
    You could get the blizzard version I linked which is see thru and it's a win-win

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Think about the O-rings on the lens of the lights... I use frog lube or chapstick. I like the Butler Creek idea as well. I still have the SF red filters based on their flip caps.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast