Thread: OWB Appendix Holsters?

Feedback Score

OWB Appendix Holsters?

Greetings,

I'm looking to try an OWB Appendix carry holster with a J-frame. The only one I've found dedicated for this is Fricke's Samuel holster.

Does anyone know of other holsters for this? Does any one carry in this mode? What has been your experience?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gew,

Body type largely determines whether or not you can comfortably carry appendix as does mode of dress.

Most people barely squeak by with the traditional IWB carry mode. I would highly suggest you really think this one through before spending the money.

The J frame is not a huge weapon to carry so you're better off doing your absolute best to minimize printing by simply carrying traditionally.

Your belt, your pants and your body makes traditional appendix carry work. Taking away the retention of the pants and the ability to hide the outline of the pistol takes away alot of the benefits of appendix carry.

If i may ask, what are your reservations about carrying appendix IWB?

Feedback Score
    This would solely be for a ccw backup piece. I carry another pistol iwb at the side of my hip to be consistent with muscle memory for drawing my duty weapon. I've found it uncomfortable to carry both pistols iwb at the same time. I hate pocket carry and ankle holsters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Wilderness Zip Slide works fairly well. Also have you thought about carrying weak side at 11:00? Raven makes a slim OWB holster that allows your primary mag pouch to attach to it. Seems like most reasons for a duty BUG would require off hand access.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    Greetings,

I'm looking to try an OWB Appendix carry holster with a J-frame. The only one I've found dedicated for this is Fricke's Samuel holster.

Does anyone know of other holsters for this? Does any one carry in this mode? What has been your experience?

Thanks!
    I carry a G19 and full size M&P9 AIWB with no problem so I tried a Samuel for a G19 and it was terrible. The gun flopped outwards and in no way was concealable.
    Silence In The Face Of Evil Is Itself Evil:
    God Will Not Hold Us Guiltless.
    Not To Speak Is To Speak.
    Not To Act Is To Act.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer