Well I searched though the old threads and didn't see much on CZ's new PO7. I picked one up yesterday and quickly converted the decocker to the safety with a little trouble since the owners manual is lacking at best. I was surprised by the size since to me it seems to look bigger in pictures but it is very similar to a Glock 19 size. The slide is typical CZ where the rail run inside the frame. Some complain about this by not being able to grasp the slide. I think CZ tried to address this with the deeper and thicker cocking serrations. The slide and barrel appear to be coated with something that is much different than the standard polycoating. The barrel on this is a nice uniform color unlike the grey barrels of other CZ's I've owned. If it is parkerized, they did a good job.

I put about 350 rounds through it this morning. Temps at the range were in the low teens and I was just blasting away. The PO7 seems stiff and the recoil spring seems stronger than the 75B semi compact I have. The pistol fits my hand well but does not feel anything like a CZ. No need for grip tape on the front strap of this thing. I shot it reasonably accurate for me and the recoil is very light. I went through some nato ball ammo, gold dots and some old Federal classic I had in the ammo can. The single action trigger is nice and I would compare it to my LEM P2000 at the end of the draw stroke but a bit lighter. I had two stoppages in the 350 rounds. Spent casings didn't fully eject from the slide and got caught up with the fresh round stripping off the mag. I blame that stoppages on my gloves/grip though because my fingers were numb by the time I got the stoppages.

I give it a thumbs up for low cost ($414 shipped from Buds) and am on the hunt for metal night sights. Obligitory picture attached, David