Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How easy is it to cross thread the pistol grip screw?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not that easy to cross thread the pictol grip screw. Once it's started, you got it made.
    Courage is being scared to death..... and still saddling up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I installed my MOE grip last night after reading this. I just sprayed some Rem Oil on the threads to lube it a bit and it went on fine YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I like to use a dab of Lubriplate on the PG screw, same goes for the receiver extension threads.
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    They do come with some heavy thread locker. I don't usually have a problem but one of mine is a bear to get turned. Almost feel like you are cross threading...

Feedback Score
    Yeah still not working once loctite was removed. it looks almost as if the hole was drilled and tapped at the wrong angle as well. I was really torquing it this time around, tried lube, and still nothing. Guess its the tap route.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 06-19-11 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I always pre-try the grip screw without the grip to make sure it goes in fine. You can also test it this way as well. Much easier than trying with the grip on.

I usually get rid of the hard stuff that comes on them and use a little of the real liquid loctite blue when putting them on.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem with my Spikes lower. I didn't use the screw that was supplied with my MIAD instead I used the grip screw along with the star washer that came with my LPK. Worked just fine with no problems.

First post BTW!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    I always pre-try the grip screw without the grip to make sure it goes in fine. You can also test it this way as well. Much easier than trying with the grip on.

I usually get rid of the hard stuff that comes on them and use a little of the real liquid loctite blue when putting them on.
    Good idea. both of them.

Feedback Score
    Absolution is mine!!!!. I tapped the hole. gpt a whole bunch of extra aluminum out, tried three different grip screwand 3 different grips still nothing. Called Spikes and the armorer informed me that their "SAR" lowers were not drilled all the way and you need a special shorter screw. They will be sending me one and hopefully that will solve my problem!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast