Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Crackdown on Private Sales

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This is a bunch of BS. This is how government tries to limit our rights as law abiding citizens. Notice how the APD says it is a civil dispute between the tenant and party leasing the convention center. This after the APD issued a hasty set of guidelines concerning the sale of privately owned firearms.

Feedback Score
    Gotta love the Mafia style tactics the BATFE and APD used on the Organizer.

Talk about rights violation.
    "People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those that do".

-Anonymous

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Never underestimate the power of a "death of a thousand cuts"...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hope everyone realizes Austin is an extremely liberal city in a state that is not liberal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ...Austin would be a better fit in Califonia.

That city has been in a left handed spiral for a looong time now. I'm told the SAXET gun show pulled out of there due to mandating ffl tables only before this happened.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    It's an election year in Texas, we can stop this. If we don't do it now we will have failed the future generations of responsible gun owners.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The Texas State Rifle Association is aware of this. As are their lawyers.

Feedback Score
    While I'm mostly outraged by this, I do see some light too it. Almost every gun show I've been too I've been able to find shady private dealers who have bought tables so they can sell cheap firearms with their "no paperwork" marketing scheme. I had one recently where I was looking at a Ruger .45 pistol on the guy's table and I asked how low he'd go on it. Guy just repeated the printed price and I retorted with a price quote for the same pistol NIB at other tables. He then leaned in close and said "but you don't have to do paperwork on this one it's just cash and carry". To which I loudly said back to him around a large group of people: "NO PAPERWORK IS PRETTY NICE SINCE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO MAKE ILLEGAL SALES!".

I run into it every show. The inner city shows are the worst where some low life scum has bought a bunch of hipoints and then sells them privately with a "cash and carry" scheme.

Yes, it really sucks that big gov is doing shit like this. I firmly believe the BATF is the most unconstitutional government entity in America right now. What you have to admit is that people are abusing the private sales laws. They're selling across state lines, to felons, to people who just can't pass an NCIS check, minors, etc. While I myself and others have made several completely legal FTF transactions in the past, it's these morons who do it wrong that give us all a bad rap. Consequently with politicians being largely retarded from sleeping through American History and Ethics, blanket knee-jerk legislation comes through with this.
    I'm not saying we deserve things like this, I'm just saying we should have seen it coming.

Thankfully the firearms community has a strong legal base and plenty of people will fight this one. Officials who proposed this are treasonous imo.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
    While I'm mostly outraged by this, I do see some light too it. Almost every gun show I've been too I've been able to find shady private dealers who have bought tables so they can sell cheap firearms with their "no paperwork" marketing scheme. I had one recently where I was looking at a Ruger .45 pistol on the guy's table and I asked how low he'd go on it. Guy just repeated the printed price and I retorted with a price quote for the same pistol NIB at other tables. He then leaned in close and said "but you don't have to do paperwork on this one it's just cash and carry". To which I loudly said back to him around a large group of people: "NO PAPERWORK IS PRETTY NICE SINCE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO MAKE ILLEGAL SALES!".

I run into it every show. The inner city shows are the worst where some low life scum has bought a bunch of hipoints and then sells them privately with a "cash and carry" scheme.

Yes, it really sucks that big gov is doing shit like this. I firmly believe the BATF is the most unconstitutional government entity in America right now. What you have to admit is that people are abusing the private sales laws. They're selling across state lines, to felons, to people who just can't pass an NCIS check, minors, etc. While I myself and others have made several completely legal FTF transactions in the past, it's these morons who do it wrong that give us all a bad rap. Consequently with politicians being largely retarded from sleeping through American History and Ethics, blanket knee-jerk legislation comes through with this.
    I'm not saying we deserve things like this, I'm just saying we should have seen it coming.

Thankfully the firearms community has a strong legal base and plenty of people will fight this one. Officials who proposed this are treasonous imo.

Has nothing to do with illegal sales although that is their excuse. The left has been wanting to shut down non-FFL private party sales for a long time.

If they want to stop the sales you described there has been laws against that since 1968 with the Gun Control Act. If they are buying and selling guns for profit its illegal. They could snatch people up for that instead of arresting people on some BS nuisance law for doing something perfectly legal (sales where the intent is to not make a profit as a business).

I live about 10 minutes from Austin but in Williamson County, and avoid Austin at all costs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast