Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATF Crackdown on Private Sales

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    It's an election year in Texas, we can stop this. If we don't do it now we will have failed the future generations of responsible gun owners.
    Mark LaRue for Guvnor?

Feedback Score
    Gun show "loopholes" are such a hot button issue for most liberals that I almost think we should push to close them on our terms while maintaining private party non-FFL sales to ensure that the liberals cant take that away.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Can we just change the definitions from "Gun Show Loophole" to "Gun show BS?"

Sort of like "sporting rifle" instead of "assault rifle," although that really hasnt worked...

Think about it - how about a reality show - when a politician says xxxx he means yyyy?

"I will pick on guns since I have no other issues and hope my constituants are as stupid as I am."
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
    While I'm mostly outraged by this, I do see some light too it. Almost every gun show I've been too I've been able to find shady private dealers who have bought tables so they can sell cheap firearms with their "no paperwork" marketing scheme. I had one recently where I was looking at a Ruger .45 pistol on the guy's table and I asked how low he'd go on it. Guy just repeated the printed price and I retorted with a price quote for the same pistol NIB at other tables. He then leaned in close and said "but you don't have to do paperwork on this one it's just cash and carry". To which I loudly said back to him around a large group of people: "NO PAPERWORK IS PRETTY NICE SINCE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO MAKE ILLEGAL SALES!".

I run into it every show. The inner city shows are the worst where some low life scum has bought a bunch of hipoints and then sells them privately with a "cash and carry" scheme.

Yes, it really sucks that big gov is doing shit like this. I firmly believe the BATF is the most unconstitutional government entity in America right now. What you have to admit is that people are abusing the private sales laws. They're selling across state lines, to felons, to people who just can't pass an NCIS check, minors, etc. While I myself and others have made several completely legal FTF transactions in the past, it's these morons who do it wrong that give us all a bad rap. Consequently with politicians being largely retarded from sleeping through American History and Ethics, blanket knee-jerk legislation comes through with this.
    I'm not saying we deserve things like this, I'm just saying we should have seen it coming.

Thankfully the firearms community has a strong legal base and plenty of people will fight this one. Officials who proposed this are treasonous imo.
    Well 'cash and carry' is a feather in the marketing hat. Lots of perfectly legitimate people don't like the BATFE forms and go to gun shows to avoid them. Privacy isn't 'shady'.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The next time someone is killed by a kitchen knife or a speeding car I am going to demand that we prohibit the further sale, transfer or giving away of any "assault knife" or assault vehicle" between private parties w/o first having a background check.

This is ridiculous. As much as I don't care for some of what I have seen. We are talking about non-FFL persons selling THEIR OWN personal property. Unless there is a particular state law against it, it is what it is.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 01-21-10 at 01:46.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "NO PAPERWORK IS PRETTY NICE SINCE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO MAKE ILLEGAL SALES!".
    That's a good way to get punched in the mush.

Some people don't like paperwork because they know it's part of an illegal registration scheme maintained by the BATFE.

Feedback Score
    I grew up in Austin, but haven't lived there in over 10yrs. Things have definately changed......
    America is NOT a Democracy......nor should we ever want it to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Austin is the Berkeley of Texas. Living here has been interesting to say the least.

Feedback Score

Angry

To which I loudly said back to him around a large group of people: "NO PAPERWORK IS PRETTY NICE SINCE YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO MAKE ILLEGAL SALES!".
    Classy.

Private sales of private property are a very important freedom. Unless you had proof that guy was selling illegal guns, you should have kept your mouth shut. If you had proof, you should have reported it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I'm trying to figure out how they could actually enforce something like this.

Did they pass some sort of municipal code that prohibits individual sales of firearms?

The problem with these types of actions, is that they set a very bad precedent.

I will say that I personally would like the presence of mind to know that the dude buying my stuff is on the up and up. I don't need nanny-gov to see to it that he is.

My new face-to-face sales policy for personal firearms is that I will require to see a Georgia Firearms License and a Driver's License.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast