Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock vs Springfield XDm vs S&W M&P

Feedback Score

Glock vs Springfield XDm vs S&W M&P

Thinking about a new handgun, what do you suggest???

I'm thinking .40 S&W.....possibly 10mm, don't know about price/availability of ammo though.

What are some of the pros and cons of each??? Best prices???

Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glock. The pedigree and the MF'ers that have been there and done that such as TigerSwan(who use Glocks; the ones I've seen) speaks for itself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M&P or a Glock, either will serve you well, Avoid the XDm like the plague..(do a search here on the XD/XDm and read up, you might change your mind about them)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    in .40? M&P. It was built as a .40; unlike the Glock.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by larry0071; 01-21-10 at 22:13.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    If it's a .40 you're after, the M&P is the way to go.

.45 ACP, M&P. 9mm, Glock or M&P.

-Note- I own a G22, G23 and G27 and have no complaints.

If I could start my 40's over it would be M&P's There is a difference. The Gen 4 G22's has done little to change my opinion.
    Last edited by Oscar 319; 01-22-10 at 08:06. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If you're after a 40 then go with the M&P. The new Gen4 Glocks are too new for a good idea as to whether they fixed the 40 or not.

For me, it's all Glock, all 9mm. It's just easier for me and I recently consolidated my handgun collection (still have my 1911s though).
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    In .40? M&P40 hands down. It's very controllable and milder recoil than the G23 I used to own. My favorite of the M&Ps I own (9, 9c, 40, 45).
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    M&P or a Glock, either will serve you well, Avoid the XDm like the plague..(do a search here on the XD/XDm and read up, you might change your mind about them)
    Oh, come now... Clint Smith replaced all his .45 Glocks with XDs! He's written many glowing reviews of the XD.

I tried the XD .45 because it actually fit my thick-palmed, short-fingered hand very well. It had a nice round capacity also. Other than those two attributes, I was not a big fan. It never let me down, but it didn't do anything particularly well, either.

Feedback Score

Talking Too funny dude.

Quote Originally Posted by FVC3 View Post
    Oh, come now... Clint Smith replaced all his .45 Glocks with XDs! He's written many glowing reviews of the XD.

I tried the XD .45 because it actually fit my thick-palmed, short-fingered hand very well. It had a nice round capacity also. Other than those two attributes, I was not a big fan. It never let me down, but it didn't do anything particularly well, either.
    That cracked me up...thanks for the great gut laugh this morning!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast