Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MW2 officially the dumbest game ever

Feedback Score

MW2 officially the dumbest game ever

What the hell is up with the juggernauts? You hit them once with a .50 cal, and you aren't allowed to hit them again until they start shooting at you? And then you can't hit them because they are hitting you making your gun jump. If I shoot one, wait till he starts running again, shoot again and continue, I only have to hit him about 4 times. But if I just lay into him after hitting him once, none of the other bullets will hit him. I'll fire an entire mag (10 rounds) and he won't go down. We're talking 20 feet away, so I'm not missing. What the hell is wrong with these games where they can't get the hitboxes to work while someone's bent over.

Feedback Score
    While I haven't played MW2 (Played MW1), this happens because the game developers didn't have time (forced by parent company into tight time schedules) or the capability to figure out how to make the fight more challenging, so they have to resort to cheap annoying crap.

Similar thing happens in Crysis (PC). Aside from the Korean's having better armor than your suit, a lot of times when you get in a gunfight the reaction of your character slows down (not because the computer slows down). And forget it if you get tapped by a bullet, you can't even reload or shoot as fast as before getting shot. Remember you can take about 3 taps before your suit's armor is gone (on hardest difficulty) so it's not because you are injured.

This is how developers equalize the battlefield against you. Annoying, but it's a stupid video game in the end.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    What the hell is up with the juggernauts? You hit them once with a .50 cal, and you aren't allowed to hit them again until they start shooting at you? And then you can't hit them because they are hitting you making your gun jump. If I shoot one, wait till he starts running again, shoot again and continue, I only have to hit him about 4 times. But if I just lay into him after hitting him once, none of the other bullets will hit him. I'll fire an entire mag (10 rounds) and he won't go down. We're talking 20 feet away, so I'm not missing. What the hell is wrong with these games where they can't get the hitboxes to work while someone's bent over.
    You are shooting him in the head, right? I have never had any problems dumping one but I always aimed for their head.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you playing Hardcore?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Use the flashbangs too. I have also dumped them by emptying a mag from the M4 into them.

Feedback Score
    I agree that the game is "dumb" as in annoying. It's true that a lot of the physical dynamics are ridiculous. I'm tired of lighting a guy up, watching his body shake as it gets shredded with bullets, then I get hit with one or two shots and die. I hate that every douchebag with a microphone can spew out their idiotic comments or hate messages only because there will be no real world repercussions (but that's what the young generations are getting used to do to the internet). I hate "glitches". I hate people that discuss using their real-world tactical training like it means something important in video games (sure, i slice the pie, but kids with rocket launchers just shoot blindy around corners). I hate clans.

Most of all, I hate that I just finally reached level 6 after 1 hour of online play, I'm an adult playing video games against children and they're usually better, all my friends have higher ranks only because I got the game a month later than they did but they still feel they have the right to talk smack, and that my internet connection wasn't acting right tonight so I got booted out of two games that were going well for me.

Can you tell I was getting slaughtered over and over tonight? I'll see some of you on there tonight right?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    play the hardcore game modes. you will put a guy down with 1 round from the .50 cal. Maybe 1 or 2 rounds from just about any other weapon. Those games are a little slower, but they look like they may be closer to reality. People move from cover to cover, no one is running around with Lightweight and Marathon knifing everyone around. There are a lot of snipers, and a lot of campers, but if you have a problem with killing people the hardcore modes may be a good fit for you.

I never have that problem with the M107ish rifle. If I hit the guy in the lower half yes it will take another round to kill them. But if you hit in the chest or head, they are down for the count everytime. I have gotten pretty good with the .50cal sniper rifle. On Estate, and Derailed I use it almost exclusively. I have been finding good results with M16+RDS+Noob Tube [Bling Pro], Cold Blooded and Ninja. Get two kills right away with the noob tube, then go nuts with the M16. I suck terribly, but I got a 14 kill streak right at the beginning of a DM on the Submarine base map... what ever its called.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    wait for Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Let's hope that is light years ahead of the first in terms of online game play because quite frankly it sucked.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Let's hope that is light years ahead of the first in terms of online game play because quite frankly it sucked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8kVc0iKZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWimI71HlRQ

Mild language:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/bat...ompany-2/10837

Its preorderable on Steam for $49.99 Limited Edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast