Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon caves in...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Everyone always talks about how our country is going downhill in regards to everything American and the principles and sacrifices that made our country great. Yet, everyone always rationalizes why it is OK that this is happening, and when it comes to making money, everything else is secondary.

Yes, Trijicon may have lost jobs, but as a whole, this is just another example of groups such as cair slowly tearing away at America and what made it great.

Nuff said......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Money always trumps morals, honor, and the fact that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and beliefs.
    What happened to the age old Judeo-Christian principle that the customer is always right?
    Ron

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I hope they leave them on for the civ market too.
    As far as their beliefs mixing with their business practices, I'm glad Trijicon chose to offer to remove the lettering. That means that more ACOGs can stay in the field, doing the good work that they do. Do I think its ridiculous that they have to remove the lettering? Yes, but I'd rather see a US serviceman or woman using an ACOG without JN8:12 stamped on the side, than nothing at all.

Just my $0.02 (both those pennies have "In God We Trust" on them)
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I don't blame Trijicon, I blame the politically-correct, nancy-pants military command.

Who gives a ****? Seriously. Only in this day and age, could there be such massive butthurt over something so trite.

News-Flash: All the quotes are references, in one way or another, to light.

Feedback Score
    Does this mean there is going to be a huge market in surplus Trijicons coming up? If so, sign me up for a "slightly used ACOG"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everyone always talks about how our country is going downhill in regards to everything American and the principles and sacrifices that made our country great. Yet, everyone always rationalizes why it is OK that this is happening, and when it comes to making money, everything else is secondary.

Yes, Trijicon may have lost jobs, but as a whole, this is just another example of groups such as cair slowly tearing away at America and what made it great.

Nuff said......
    No not "nuff said".

That is an awfully easy position to take when you're not the one facing unemployment, and or having to lay off dozens of people you care about.

As to why Gen. Petraeus said what he said, the fact of the matter is that our military is such a thing because it is an organization that prides it's self on professionalism. We have the most professional military in the world, period. Everyone who has worked in a professional environment knows that your religious and political beliefs are your own private business and as such you keep them to yourselves.

Furthermore I hope to hell you're not one of these people that think god is the only reason why this country is great. If so perhaps I can suggest you pick up a history text book and start reading. It was the actions of men and women, American men and women, who made this country great. Some may have claimed to have been inspired by their faith, but regardless it was their own actions that contributed to making this country what it is.

Feedback Score
    that sucks. i liked the idea of the references on the units, i thought it was a neat little addition. and yes, it wasnt random bible verses, but things to do to with "light" that made it kinda cool in my eyes.

Feedback Score
    I've worked retail, and the saying in the industry is that "The customer always thinks he's right."

Let's connect that thought to all the hilarious threads on the absolute BS we all hear at gun stores, pawn shops, gun shows, bars, etc etc etc. The 1911 in .45 will knock a man backward off his feet, and remove appendages. So will any shotgun. And ask a 17 year old about his car, he'll tell you his 84 Mustang 5.0 is a "wheelstander" and does 9 in the quarter.

The public in general doesn't know squat about the technical specs of anything they buy and what it really can do. It's all just a contest of ego for social dominance.

Liberals once again took things too far by rabbble rousing an issue that had no significance in daily life. Most Trijicon users had no clue about the verses. What we see here is once again that despots and terrorists succeed because good people cooperate with them.

All who justify this are just playing into the hands of the very people who will continue to tear away at all our collective rights.

Thanks for your support. Intolerance wins again.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macx View Post
    The military is the customer & the customer is always ________?
    ...an asshole.

Feedback Score
    No more Trijicon purchases for me......
    Let me get this straight:

-you bought Trijicon products in the past having NO CLUE that they were sneaking bible verses onto the casting.

They got caught & it is causing headaches for our military. so at the military's request, they won't proselytize secretly.

You think that justifies boycotting Trijicon?!?!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast