Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon caves in...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess my ACOG with JN 8:12 on it just became a collectors item.

Quote Originally Posted by cschwanz
    that sucks. i liked the idea of the references on the units, i thought it was a neat little addition. and yes, it wasnt random bible verses, but things to do to with "light" that made it kinda cool in my eyes.
    That reflects my feelings as well. Really sad to think that it bothered people.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Let me get this straight:

-you bought Trijicon products in the past having NO CLUE that they were sneaking bible verses onto the casting.

They got caught & it is causing headaches for our military. so at the military's request, they won't proselytize secretly.

You think that justifies boycotting Trijicon?!?!
    Nope...Knew they were there. A positive for me with the irony of the miltary using them to kill islamic terrorists.

Again, anyone rationalizing that saving monetary income for Trijicon due to their caving in probably also supported the NAFTA and other liberal issues that attempt to quickly bring the rest of the world up to America's standards (or remove America from it's greatness and move it down to the the level of the rest of the world). Politcal correctness and greed are allowing the other sides to win.........

Wonder if our Founding Fathers worried about the loss of sales of goods to the British army before starting the Revolutionary War?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Im Jewish, ive never read the bible and truthfully i dont plan on doing so as i do not have the time.

Having said that, i respect the desires of a company to put bible verses on their products. Does it affect me or offend me in any way shape or form?

Heck no. If the scope was pink and looked like a vagina i would still put it on my rifle so long as it did what it was intended to do, ie magnify a target so i can hit it more accurately.

Seriously, what the heck is going on with this country? Everyone is offended by EVERYTHING.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have no issue with Trijicon marking their product.

I don't see any reason they have to notify users of the markings either.

That said, once your customer notices and raises it as an issue it has to be addressed. End of story.

I don't see a conspiracy. I don't see Trijicon caving in. I do see a lot of folks running around looking for an opportunity to be insulted and looking for a reason to bitch and moan.

You try to accommodate your customers in order to stay in business. Some demands you meet, some you don't. Depends on the value of the customer to your organization. I'm pretty certain it's in Trijicon's best interests to accommodate their largest buyers so long as it doesn't jeopardize their profitability, product quality, or ability to reach their company goals.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 01-22-10 at 11:09.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It is what it is, I would have liked to have seen them leave the verses on their products. It would have shown me that they are true to the beliefs of their company's founders, which is honorable. On the religious note, "..everything you do, do for the glory of God.." religion ties into everything if your religious, its not based on convenience.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Im Jewish, ive never read the bible and truthfully i dont plan on doing so as i do not have the time.

Having said that, i respect the desires of a company to put bible verses on their products. Does it affect me or offend me in any way shape or form?

Heck no. If the scope was pink and looked like a vagina i would still put it on my rifle so long as it did what it was intended to do, ie magnify a target so i can hit it more accurately.

Seriously, what the heck is going on with this country? Everyone is offended by EVERYTHING.
    I'm glad you said this. I would think it would be equally cool if Trijicon had put "Ain Soph Aur" or "Limitless Light", or other Kabbalistic references.

Again, people's panties are way in a twist over something so silly.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    trijicon made their point.
    i'll be buying another one real soon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bad move...now muslim terrorist can use trijicons against us w/out offending allah.

...at least the world can start spinning again for some people.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Im dissapointed they caved to not offend some liberal a$$hole or some third worlder who still wipes his a$$ w/ his bare hands

Im amazed how so many Christians cave so easily, I guess money is more important than principle!

Now I guess we better stop using our rifles, ammo and equipment as they were all made in a nation by employees who are mostly Christians lest we offend someone
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Bad move...now muslim terrorist can use trijicons against us w/out offending allah.

...at least the world can start spinning again for some people.

Well at least the dead terrorist wont be offended because he was zapped by an ACOG w/ a number that refrences the bible!
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast