Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 extractor spings, 1 bolt just under 2k rounds.

Feedback Score

2 extractor spings, 1 bolt just under 2k rounds.

I have a Les Bear Police Special Carbine. I have ownded it for just under a year and use it to compete in carbine matches here in south Texas. I have just under 2k rounds throught it. PMC 55gn fmj and Federal American Eagle 55gn fmj. So far I broke 2 extractor springs and 1 bolt. The bolt cracked above and below the cam hole. I beleive I have fixed the ex spring issue with a rifle pring and a D-fender ring. 1k on that no issue. My question is do I need an H buffer? I am running stock configuration with a Benny Hill brake. I beleive that it is a carbine gas system with a carbine buffer. Every time I have called Les Bear with an issue he has gone above and beyond to get me back up and running.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbip View Post
    I have a Les Bear Police Special Carbine. I have ownded it for just under a year and use it to compete in carbine matches here in south Texas. I have just under 2k rounds throught it. PMC 55gn fmj and Federal American Eagle 55gn fmj. So far I broke 2 extractor springs and 1 bolt. The bolt cracked above and below the cam hole. I beleive I have fixed the ex spring issue with a rifle pring and a D-fender ring. 1k on that no issue. My question is do I need an H buffer? I am running stock configuration with a Benny Hill brake. I beleive that it is a carbine gas system with a carbine buffer. Every time I have called Les Bear with an issue he has gone above and beyond to get me back up and running.
    Yikes! What do the good folks at LB have to say as the reason why?

It would be very helpful to know the GP size before picking a buffer. My guess is that they have over gassed the gun and would look at an H2 buffer, CS buffer spring, and LMT/BCM/Colt BCG.

C4

Feedback Score
    What is the best way find out what GP size is or do I have to remove the FSP any way?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You could possible call and see if they can or will tell you. The only real way is to remove the FSB. Would you mind telling us what you paid for that Les Baer Special Police Carbine?

What is the best way find out what GP size is or do I have to remove the FSP any way?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sorry to hear that. They should fix it..especially if you read their advertising for this AR...

Les Baer Custom's new Police Special, on the other hand, is a full featured dynamo of a rifle that's specially designed and built to include every important feature any law enforcement officer could ever want... and none of the stuff he doesn't. Most important, it delivers performance far superior to any other 16" AR-style rifle on the market. It's even guaranteed to shoot 1" MOA with match ammo.
    As a patrol carbine or a high energy tactical rifle, the Les Baer Police Special is the new class of the law enforcement market. It's loaded with the thoughtful, businesslike features that make it a serious pro, and it's intentionally devoid of the amateur gee-gaws that cheapen the purpose and limit the usefulness of a police rifle for real police work.
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 01-29-10 at 05:23.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for a complete BCM FA BCG, which is in stock and H or H2 buffer.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...0auto%20mp.htm
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I paid 1500 for it when the plain bushy's were going for 1200. I know I bought it when everything was high but I wanted it. LB has supported me everytime I have called and I even sent it back the first time the extractor spring broke. They replaced and ran 400 rounds through it. When the bolt broke they sent a new one with in a couple of days. It is up and running now but there is a gun show this week end and I am going to look for upgrade parts and roll my current parts into the spares bin. There is nothing worse than being on a good run and the damn thing brake!!!.
    I have no clue what buffer it is running. I took it apart last night and it a green color. I did not take the buffer it self apart to see how many tungsten and steel weights. If I can find an H buffer, what spring do I need to look for? I have already upgraded the extractor spring and added a D-fender ring and that has cured the extractor issues. I was also thinking about the JP bolt. If I cant find one I will look for a mil spec one. What is the common experience with the BCM bolt, any good?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I paid 1500 for it when the plain bushy's were going for 1200. I know I bought it when everything was high but I wanted it. LB has supported me everytime I have called and I even sent it back the first time the extractor spring broke. They replaced and ran 400 rounds through it. When the bolt broke they sent a new one with in a couple of days. It is up and running now but there is a gun show this week end and I am going to look for upgrade parts and roll my current parts into the spares bin. There is nothing worse than being on a good run and the damn thing brake!!!.
    I have no clue what buffer it is running. I took it apart last night and it a green color. I did not take the buffer it self apart to see how many tungsten and steel weights. If I can find an H buffer, what spring do I need to look for? I have already upgraded the extractor spring and added a D-fender ring and that has cured the extractor issues. I was also thinking about the JP bolt. If I cant find one I will look for a mil spec one. What is the common experience with the BCM bolt, any good?
    If there is no stamping on the H, H2 or H3 stamped on the buffer, then it is a Car buffer (the cheapest and lightest).

We use and recommend these springs: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=25006

H Buffer: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=GRT-HB

BCM is one of the best BCG's on the market.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you considered taking it to the gun show and selling it? Since it says Les Bear on it you should get enough to buy something better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast