Thread: Why I chose to "carry"

Feedback Score

Why I chose to "carry"

Well, besides growing up in a hunting family and having a Marine for a father, guns have always been there. My father, after his servive, always carried a little .38, He told me of many times he was glad he had it! We all grew up With Gun safety drilled into us. So, my paticular incident happened in the early 90's, I'm going to be a little vauge not for any other reason than my memory isn't great. A friend and I agreed to take her three children and three of their friends to a movie. There are plenty of theaters in the suburbs were they live,but the kids wanted to go to the cities "BIG" mall. We got there early so we decided to go to the "food court" to get something to eat. Of course with 6 children, they all wanted something diferent. The three boys scatered. Me, my friend her one daughter and her other daughter( with Downs- Syndrome). stayed with me.So,we're all in our lines and. BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!! People are eveywhere!!!!! Chilren are under tables Theres food on the floor.EVERYONE is screaming and criying.I and the "women" head toward a store thatwas pulling down their "security gate". As the girls went in ,my friend screamed "THE BOYS". They closed the gate and I headed back to the food court.As I looked around the corner 6 young inner city youth came running by with guns in their hands. They looked me dead in the eye! As they passed I saw our boys covered in mustard and ketsup under a corner booth. When the Police came through and cleared everything and we were all back together,we were all changed. My friends daughter with downs hads issues for years. HERE is the kicker. In one of the movies that was already playing a teenaged Inner city girl decided to light a hand full of firecrackers.That unleashed GROUPS of wanna be THUGS running around thinking that their rivals were shooting at them. KAOS insude luckily the only physical injuries were do to slips and falls but I know that many children, women and even us tough-ass guys had issues that weren't physical. That day, I decided that when I'm with my family in public they WILL be safe. When they're home the're safe and when they're out with out me I'm a wreck Thanks for listening and take care of youself and all of those loved ones around you!!!! OH YA I can't spell for sh*t. THANKS

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trappernana View Post
    Well, besides growing up in a hunting family and having a Marine for a father, guns have always been there. My father, after his service, always carried a little .38. He told me of many times he was glad he had it!

We all grew up With Gun safety drilled into us. So, my particular incident happened in the early 90's, I'm going to be a little vague not for any other reason than my memory isn't great.

A friend and I agreed to take her three children and three of their friends to a movie. There are plenty of theaters in the suburbs were they live,but the kids wanted to go to the cities "BIG" mall. We got there early so we decided to go to the "food court" to get something to eat. Of course with 6 children, they all wanted something different. The three boys scattered.

Me, my friend her one daughter and her other daughter( with Downs- Syndrome). stayed with me. So,we're all in our lines and. BAM BAM BAM!!!!!!! People are everywhere!!!!! Children are under tables There's food on the floor.EVERYONE is screaming and crying. I and the "women" head toward a store that was pulling down their "security gate". As the girls went in ,my friend screamed "THE BOYS". They closed the gate and I headed back to the food court.As I looked around the corner 6 young inner city youth came running by with guns in their hands. They looked me dead in the eye! As they passed I saw our boys covered in mustard and ketchup under a corner booth.

When the Police came through and cleared everything and we were all back together,we were all changed. My friends daughter with downs had issues for years. HERE is the kicker. In one of the movies that was already playing a teen aged Inner city girl decided to light a hand full of firecrackers.That unleashed GROUPS of wanna be THUGS running around thinking that their rivals were shooting at them. CHAOS ensued luckily the only physical injuries were do to slips and falls but I know that many children, women and even us tough-ass guys had issues that weren't physical.

That day, I decided that when I'm with my family in public they WILL be safe. When they're home they're safe and when they're out with out me I'm a wreck Thanks for listening and take care of yourself and all of those loved ones around you!!!! OH YA I can't spell for sh*t. THANKS
    I didn't go through it completely, but wanted to help make it a little more readable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i look at it like voting personally
    we have the right to vote and the right to bear arms.
    most people consider voting a responsible thing to do, basically on the off chance that your one vote will sway the ballet one way or the other..

well if my carrying a gun sways the odds so that one less innocent person gets killed, i'd say i've done the right thing..
    and if it never comes to that, even better.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    i look at it like voting personally
    we have the right to vote and the right to bear arms.
    most people consider voting a responsible thing to do, basically on the off chance that your one vote will sway the ballet one way or the other..

well if my carrying a gun sways the odds so that one less innocent person gets killed, i'd say i've done the right thing..
    and if it never comes to that, even better.
    Interesting analogy you propose.

Maybe I'll try it out on my MIL?

Bwaaahahaha

"It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Well, it's kind of like the airbags in your car. You hope you never have to use them, but if the situation is bad enough that they have to deploy, you'll be glad you had them.

It's always better to have a safety device and never need it, than to be without it the one day that it could save your life or the lives of your loved ones. In life there are no rewinds, no try agains, etc. In a true life or death situation, there is no time to go get the gun (if it's more than one arm length away, you would be better off not to have it). Also, that is where the warrior mindset and training will save your life. Make no mistake, your adivsary will have had time to think it through and by the time it happens, he is committed to go through with it, so you had better be ready to deal with that type of threat.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score

why I chose to carry

SW-SHOOTER, Thanks for the help. I always pause when it comes to posting anything, because my education wasn't the greatest so any help is appreciated.. I bet there's a bunch of errors just in this little post.