Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,108 of 1108

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm not a fan of any of the NSAIDs as they are toxic long term. Occasional use is fine, some live on the NSAIDs. Don't do that. Aspirin is better for you as long as you don't have GI issues some get good effects from "natural" anti inflammatory agents. See:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3011108/
    At 51 years old I suddenly became allergic to ibuprofen, where I ended up in the ER with my face and throat swollen to the point where I had trouble breathing. Never had a problem until then and now I just take Tylenol if I need any kind of pain reliever.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Then request a copy. You should always have a copy of your labs. If only total T was tested, and not free T or E2, does not give the full status.
    I plan on it, normally the results are available thru the portal but for some reason they didn’t appear this time.

Feedback Score
    I broke my big toe pretty badly last week (much different from breaking other toes) in a fall at work that I don't think should've broken it. At the orthopedist they had posters encouraging osteoporosis/bone density tests of you have certain risk factors, including age and low test and bone breaks. I'm over the listed age, I suspect low T, and obviously have the bone break. When I go back for follow-up I will ask about testing. My primary care doc tested me a few years ago at my request, and told me I was within normal range. I don't remember the number but I suspect it was low end of the range and only looked at total T.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4C View Post
    I broke my big toe pretty badly last week (much different from breaking other toes) in a fall at work that I don't think should've broken it. At the orthopedist they had posters encouraging osteoporosis/bone density tests of you have certain risk factors, including age and low test and bone breaks. I'm over the listed age, I suspect low T, and obviously have the bone break. When I go back for follow-up I will ask about testing. My primary care doc tested me a few years ago at my request, and told me I was within normal range. I don't remember the number but I suspect it was low end of the range and only looked at total T.
    Per above, always ask for a copy of the labs, and get at least total T, free T, and estradiol tested. Some docs who know what thy are doing (very rare as it applies to TRT/HRT...) will also test SHBGs. If they will not, find a doc with a clue or do it yourself:

https://www.lifeextension.com/lab-te...nel-blood-test

Of course bone density/poor bone density can be caused by other things too, but healthy hormones are essential.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This was posted on my thread on same topic on LF:

@SNDT1319 posted:

"So I went in to get my T Level checked and it turned out to be really low along with one of my Thyroid numbers. The doctor talked about various meds to address thing but said he wanted to do an MRI first. Turns out I have a big mass pressing on the old pituitary gland. Waiting to hear from the doctor to see what the way forward is but let this be a lesson to everyone. Don’t ignore these things."
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I am 79 years old my total testosterone 760 my free is 8, my libido is about zero. Any suggestions.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I am 79 years old my total testosterone 760 my free is 8, my libido is about zero. Any suggestions.
    Have you talked with your doctor? I've had good luck with Defy Medical. https://www.defymedicalstore.com/
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Have you talked with your doctor? I've had good luck with Defy Medical. https://www.defymedicalstore.com/
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111