Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1108

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hot off the presses, more win for TRT for those who need it but worry about prostate cancer:

Study: Testosterone therapy does not raise prostate cancer risk

In the past 30 years, millions of men globally have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels and been prescribed supplemental testosterone as therapy – even as oncologists have confirmed testosterone as an agent that fuels prostate cancer and have treated the disease by reducing patients’ levels of the hormone.

With this backdrop comes research today showing that, among nearly 150,000 men over age 40 with low testosterone levels, treatment with testosterone was not associated with increased risk for aggressive prostate cancer.

The study, published in PLOS ONE, was jointly led by Drs. Thomas Walsh, Alvin Matsumoto and Molly Shores, all of UW Medicine and the VA Puget Sound Health Care System in Seattle.

“This finding doesn’t change the guidelines for how we recommend testosterone therapy,” said Walsh, an associate professor of urology at the University of Washington School of Medicine and clinician at VA Puget Sound. “Men should still have their testosterone diagnosed appropriately, with multiple readings, and be counseled about risks and benefits of treatment. But this large foundation of evidence allows us to look patients in the eye and say testosterone therapy does not appear to increase risk of prostate cancer over a moderate duration.”

https://newsroom.uw.edu/news/study-t...te-cancer-risk

Source:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0199194
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Excellent news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Excellent news.
    Not the first study to conclude that, some of which I posted prior in this thread, but that may be the largest study to date.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's interesting for sure. I would wonder if that may be a third order effect, e.g., that more sugar intakes associated with increased BF%, which we know is suppressive to T vs a cause/effect of the sugar per se. They do mention BMI was an independent risk factor for low testosterone level.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

This population-based study was designed to investigate whether consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages (SSB) is associated with lower serum total testosterone concentration in men 20-39 years old.

METHODS:

All data for this study were retrieved from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2011-2012. The primary outcome was serum testosterone concentration, and main independent variable was SSB intake. Other variables included age, race/ethnicity, poverty/income ratio, body mass index (BMI), serum cotinine, heavy drinking, and physical activity.

RESULTS:

Among all subjects (N = 545), 486 (90.4%) had normal testosterone levels (defined as ≥231 ng/dL) and 59 (9.6%) had low testosterone levels (defined as < 231 ng/dL). Multivariate logistic regression revealed the odds of low testosterone was significantly greater with increasing SSB consumption (Q4 [≥442 kcal/day] vs. Q1 [≤137 kcal/day]), adjusted odds ratio [aOR] = 2.29, p = 0.041]. After adjusting for possible confounding variables, BMI was an independent risk factor for low testosterone level; subjects with BMI ≥ 25 kg/m2 had a higher risk of having a low testosterone level than those with BMI < 25 kg/m2 (aOR = 3.68, p = 0.044).

CONCLUSION:

SSB consumption is significantly associated with low serum testosterone in men 20-39 years old in the United States.

source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29935533/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ever look at what's in peoples shopping carts?
    It's very apparent that if you can't see around them in the checkout line, there is likely a case of Soda in there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Ever look at what's in peoples shopping carts?
    It's very apparent that if you can't see around them in the checkout line, there is likely a case of Soda in there.
    Yes, but per above comments, is it the contents of the sugar in that soda or the effects the soda has on bodyfat, that's the cause and effect there? SAD diets, lack of exercise, various environmental chems, etc, all likely part of the equation of declining T levels in modern men.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So, can anyone recommend a Doc in NoVa that is more progressive to writing scripts for this stuff?

I want test.....

So to follow up on this I went had mine checked. Im markedly low for my age in both total and free test levels.

But of course it’s within “range” so regular Doc won’t do crap.

Spoke with a Men’s health clinic that specializes in it and it’s $$$ because they’re insurance free, which sucks.

Government, big pharma, etc will handout antidepressants like candy but god forbid you try to augment your well being other ways.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So to follow up on this I went had mine checked. Im markedly low for my age in both total and free test levels.

But of course it’s within “range” so regular Doc won’t do crap.

Spoke with a Men’s health clinic that specializes in it and it’s $$$ because they’re insurance free, which sucks.

Government, big pharma, etc will handout antidepressants like candy but god forbid you try to augment your well being other ways.

Find a doc that will work with you, but less and less insurance companies will cover it. Feel like a human being and man again or save a few $? I know which I'd choose...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My GP didn't want to address it either so I went to an endocrinologist (would probably go to a urologist if I had to do it over again), it took 9 months and multiple tests to verify life style
    changes didn't help, but he finally prescribed testosterone therapy. I'm 5 weeks in and feeling better all the time.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    My GP didn't want to address it either so I went to an endocrinologist (would probably go to a urologist if I had to do it over again), it took 9 months and multiple tests to verify life style
    changes didn't help, but he finally prescribed testosterone therapy. I'm 5 weeks in and feeling better all the time.
    If I wasn’t so concerned about having on cycle support I’d by the stuff myself but I also need the MD script to cover myself for work

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast