Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    I'm a little surprised that with all the natural test boosting mentioned here, no one's discussed the importance of sleep. The stat I've heard is that 6 hours of sleep, as opposed to 8, can drop T as much as %60.

Oh, and I'm not sure about actually raising T, but Tribulus is a very effective adaptogen. I would easily put it above ginseng. I feel like a different person when I'm on it.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 03-21-10 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    I'm a little surprised that with all the natural test boosting mentioned here, no one's discussed the importance of sleep. The stat I've heard is that 6 hours of sleep, as opposed to 8, can drop T as much as %60.
    Simply a different issue. Low fat diets are also bad for T, and studies find about 30% of cals optimal for T production. Sleep, nutrition, training, etc. are all factors of healthy T production, and no doubt, people should attempt to optimize T production via those means if possible. If interested, my thoughts on "T booster" type supplements:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=46589
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-22-10 at 09:36.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Simply a different issue. Low fat diets are also bad for T, and studies find about 30% of cals optimal for T production. Sleep, nutrition, training, etc. are all factors of healthy T production, and no doubt, people should attempt to optimize T production via those means if possible. If interested, my thoughts on "T booster" type supplements:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=46589
    I read your article. I agree with you there. I understand that tribulus may or may not increase T and that any increase is only minimal. All I know is that it makes me feel better than I do without it. Would you agree that ginseng has beneficial properties? That's what I equate trib to, but it has more effect on me (I've never noticed an effect with ginseng).

The effect that living a healthy lifestyle and eating green veggies has on T is all I expect from trib. I'm under a lot of physical stress right now, that's why I'm taking it.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 03-22-10 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    I read your article. I agree with you there. I understand that tribulus may or may not increase T and that any increase is only minimal. All I know is that it makes me feel better than I do without it. Would you agree that ginseng has beneficial properties? That's what I equate trib to, but it has more effect on me (I've never noticed an effect with ginseng).

The effect that living a healthy lifestyle and eating green veggies has on T is all I expect from trib. I'm under a lot of physical stress right now, that's why I'm taking it.
    If you feel it's helping, I say keep using it. I just report the facts as they exist. The data on ginseng I can tell you is all over the place, some studies finding effects, many finding nadda.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    If you're wonder if you have low T, here's a simple way to find out without a trip to the Dr.
    http://www.zrtlab.com/hormone-blood-...ypage.tpl.html

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on asking my doctor about this as soon as I get insurance. I don't want them to find anything now because it wouldn't be covered, so I'm going to wait.

I'm only 20 years old, but the listed symptoms fit pretty well. I've actually been wondering about this for a while, but never brought it up with the doctor or my parents (the doctor mostly because I don't have insurance, like I said before).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Feet Under View Post
    I'm planning on asking my doctor about this as soon as I get insurance. I don't want them to find anything now because it wouldn't be covered, so I'm going to wait.

I'm only 20 years old, but the listed symptoms fit pretty well. I've actually been wondering about this for a while, but never brought it up with the doctor or my parents (the doctor mostly because I don't have insurance, like I said before).
    It's a simply fairly inexpensive test, so best to do it sooner then later. Good luck.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I'm still going to try to find insurance here sometime soon (or get a job where it's an option). I need it anyways, especially after getting shot last year with no insurance. I almost feel afraid to do anything potentially dangerous because I can't handle anymore medical debt seeing as I owe enough for a small house right now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Get you some!

Australian Firm To Sell World's First Armpit Testosterone Lotion In US
    Updated: Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 11:30 AM EST
    Published : Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 8:43 AM EST
    By Jane Lee / news.com.au

An Australian company will sell the world's first armpit testosterone lotion in American stores next year after receiving approval from the US Food and Drug Administration, news.com.au reported Friday.
    The lotion, created by Melbourne-based drug delivery firm Acrux, treats men with hypogonadism, a disease which produces low testosterone levels and includes symptoms such as erectile dysfunction, low sexual desire and performance.

Axiron -- an anagram for "iron ax" -- is the first testosterone replacement therapy to be applied in the armpit, with current treatments including a gel for the upper body and regular injections.

Only available by prescription, Axiron will be sold for the first time next year in the US, which has the world’s largest market for testosterone replacement, worth about $1 billion a year.

Acrux CEO Richard Treagus said: "What we’ve found is the population is aging in the US, Australia and around the world, and with [that comes] greater awareness around men’s health issues; more are now receiving treatment for them."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Will
    can/do you recommend these type of tests ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff3vvv View Post
    If you're wonder if you have low T, here's a simple way to find out without a trip to the Dr.
    http://www.zrtlab.com/hormone-blood-...ypage.tpl.html

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast