Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice to see stuff like this being published. Thanks for passing along Will!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Nice to see stuff like this being published. Thanks for passing along Will!
    As you can see in this thread, there's quite a bit being published, and more all the time as TRT/HRT gets more acceptance and more data showing benefits.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As you can see in this thread, there's quite a bit being published, and more all the time as TRT/HRT gets more acceptance and more data showing benefits.
    Yea, understood. I was saying the continued publication is a good thing. Seems like we are slowly moving in the right direction towards mainstream medical acceptance. We are still pretty far away IMO though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Yea, understood. I was saying the continued publication is a good thing. Seems like we are slowly moving in the right direction towards mainstream medical acceptance. We are still pretty far away IMO though.
    True, but if anyone had told me 10 years ago there would be commercials on TV every 10 minutes for "low T" I would have smacked them. Dogma, out dated info, and negative perceptions die hard, but "no lie lives forever"

It's still very frustrating considering.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Testosterone and Fat Loss – The Evidence
    by Monica Mollica

It is well documented that obesity may cause hypogonadism, and that hypogonadism may cause obesity [1-4] This has generated debate about what condition comes first; obesity or hypogonadism? And what should be the first point of intervention?

In this article I will summarize data from several reviews on the associations of hypogonadism and obesity [1-4], and make the case that these conditions create a self-perpetuating vicious circle. Once a vicious circle has been established, it doesn’t matter where one intervenes; one can either treat the obese condition or treat hypogonadism first. The critical issue is to break the vicious circle as soon as possible before irreversible health damage arises.

Nevertheless, as I will explain here, treating hypogonadism first with testosterone replacement therapy may prove to be a more effective strategy because it to a large extent “automatically” takes care of the excess body fat and metabolic derangements. In addition, treating hypogonadism first also confers psychological benefits that will help obese men become and stay more physically active.

Key Points [1-4]

• Traditional obesity treatments with diet and exercise programs are notorious for failing in long-term maintenance of weight loss due to lack of adherence. Anti-obesity drugs have limited efficacy and may not be without adverse effects.

• In the prospective Massachusetts Male Aging Study (MMAS), non-obese men who became obese had a decline of testosterone levels comparable to that of 10 years of aging.

• Testosterone deficiency and obesity each contribute independently to a self-perpetuating vicious cycle.

• Long-term testosterone therapy in men with hypogonadism improves body composition, metabolic syndrome components and quality of life, and thereby can help break the vicious cycle.

• Treatment of hypogonadism with long-term testosterone therapy, with or without lifestyle modifications, effectively treats obesity by correcting testosterone deficiency; one physiological root cause of obesity.

• In contrast to the U-shaped curve for weight loss seen with traditional obesity treatments, which are characterized by weight loss and weight regain, treatment with testosterone therapy results in a continuous reduction in obesity parameters (waist circumference, weight and BMI) for >5 years, or until metabolic abnormalities return to healthy ranges.

• The significant effectiveness of testosterone therapy in combating obesity in hypogonadal men remains largely unknown to doctors. Educational efforts are therefore critical to bring research findings into clinical practice in order to improve patient care and health outcomes.

Cont:

http://www.brinkzone.com/anti-aging-...-the-evidence/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Will-

I had my testosterone tested last week. The Doc said low was in the 300 high was 1100. I test in the 530s, they said on the lower end of the scale I am 29 and work mid shift 12 hours. Which could be affecting my levels. Is 500 low enough that I should look to another Doctor for a boost. Would prefer 700-850 but I don’t even know if that would affect muscle and energy.

I am sure this was covered somewhere in the 65 pages but I couldnt find anything. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_DAVE View Post
    Will-

I had my testosterone tested last week. The Doc said low was in the 300 high was 1100. I test in the 530s, they said on the lower end of the scale I am 29 and work mid shift 12 hours. Which could be affecting my levels. Is 500 low enough that I should look to another Doctor for a boost. Would prefer 700-850 but I don’t even know if that would affect muscle and energy.

I am sure this was covered somewhere in the 65 pages but I couldnt find anything. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    It's unlikely you'll find a doc who will put you on TRT at those levels. Do you suffer from any classic subjective symptoms of low T levels*? How about free T? Other hormones? I'm not your doc, and don't play one on TV, and know nothing of your medical history and other essential info, but I'd suggest - after discussing with your doc - get re tested in a few months and or consider a more extensive panel done to get a larger picture of your hormonal status if you're having classic symptoms of hypo gonadism, which can be caused by various things (thyroid, etc) not related to testosterone.

* = which may or may not actually be connected to your T levels.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's unlikely you'll find a doc who will put you on TRT at those levels. Do you suffer from any classic subjective symptoms of low T levels*? How about free T? Other hormones? I'm not your doc, and don't play one on TV, and know nothing of your medical history and other essential info, but I'd suggest - after discussing with your doc - get re tested in a few months and or consider a more extensive panel done to get a larger picture of your hormonal status if you're having classic symptoms of hypo gonadism, which can be caused by various things (thyroid, etc) not related to testosterone.

* = which may or may not actually be connected to your T levels.
    I don't really think I suffer from any symptoms of low T or hypo gonadism. I really think that my lack of energy comes from my work schedule and family life, both cut into my sleep big time. I remember reading that you suggest people go get it checked if they had a concerns because you cannot correct it if you don't know where you stand. I got the test free thought work but the Doctor seem annoyed by my request for a T check and a lead level reading. The doctor is part of a county employee clinc gear toward avoiding health issues and lowering the county health insurance. While I know I am not low I am certainly not on the high end either.

Anyway thanks for your time. I will go get a second check this summer.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_DAVE View Post
    The Doc said low was in the 300 high was 1100. I test in the 530s, they said on the lower end of the scale I am 29...
    This may help. According to the chart you're like a 65 year old dude in terms of test. Also, I've read several articles stating test has been going down 20% per generation. In other words your pops had 20% more than you and his had 20% more than him.

Last edited by Irish; 02-10-15 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I've read several articles stating test has been going down 20% per generation. In other words your pops had 20% more than you and his had 20% more than him.
    Society definitely supports that theory!

Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast