Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    BD all the way for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skar View Post
    Heads up I went from using Nipro 23 ga to a Exel 23 ga.
    The Exel must be sharper I can hardly feel it going in to my mid
    thigh . The nipro seem to sting more .
    Can you post a link to where you purchased?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    New article via BZ that's useful for both those on TRT/HRT and clinicians looking to better understand it:

"Testosterone Deficiency and Treatment – the FACTS" Monica Mollica

Testosterone deficiency and treatment is a very misunderstood and controversial topic, both among scientists, regulatory agencies (such as the FDA and EMA), doctors and the popular media.

October 1, 2015, an international expert consensus conference about testosterone deficiency and its treatment was held in Prague, sponsored by King’s College London and the International Society for the Study of the Aging Male (ISSAM). The impetus for this meeting was to address the widespread misinformation and confusion about testosterone deficiency and testosterone therapy.[1]

The ultimate goal of this consensus conference was to document what is true or untrue about testosterone deficiency and testosterone therapy, to the best degree possible based on existing scientific and clinical evidence.

There were 18 experts from 11 countries on 4 continents. Specialties included urology, endocrinology, internal medicine, diabetology, and basic science research. Experts were invited on the basis of extensive clinical experience with testosterone deficiency and its treatment and/or research experience.

The final consensus on several key issues related to testosterone therapy was published in the form of 9 resolutions – i.e. facts – coupled with expert comments [2], which I summarize here….

Cont: HERE
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Thanks Will I will reach out. The over the phone doc isn't doing it for me. They're legit but seem more interested in the business end of things. Not that that's a bad thing just not working great for me.
    Just got a call back from the doctors office. I can not afford him. The initial consultation sheet is $795 and there is monthly fee of $225 that includes all medication needed, T, HCG, DHEA, E Blocker and supplies.

I've been taking my E blocker for two weeks now, after the first few days it working. In the past I never took more than a pill a week, it make me feel like crap. I will need to confirm with blood work in a few weeks but things are working better.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Just got a call back from the doctors office. I can not afford him. The initial consultation sheet is $795 and there is monthly fee of $225 that includes all medication needed, T, HCG, DHEA, E Blocker and supplies.

I've been taking my E blocker for two weeks now, after the first few days it working. In the past I never took more than a pill a week, it make me feel like crap. I will need to confirm with blood work in a few weeks but things are working better.
    Rgr rgr. Being all squared away, and a doc you don't have to fight with, and all your meds covered for $225 per month actually seems a good deal to me, so you might wanna make that happen if/when you can. Unfortunately, most of the forward thinking docs who "get it" are cash only as the insurance companies fight them tooth and nail and make sure it's just not worth it to take ins. Good old insurance companies, who who'd rather pay for the far more expensive diseases associated with low T and other hormones not optimized than the dead cheap (comparatively) treatment of TRT/HRT.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Will I agree it's a fair price. I don't blame them asking for cash. I expected it. I have to make some home repairs causing water damage and my extra cash is going there for now. The deck need to come off so I can repair a rotten sill plate, floor joists a door and floor. Even doing the demo myself it's still going to eat up my savings. Recently divorced and making it work but with three kids on one salary I do not have the $695 right now.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Dose, type, and schedule? Blood work for TT, FT, E2, etc?
    I'll request a copy next time labs are drawn. Crit is down to 44.6, so I think the elevation was from the T. I get all of mine from the needle thanks to a tumor that stops FSH and several other goodies.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey Will,

Sorry I haven't been able to read through the entire thread: if this question has already been asked. I saw in your original post that 600mg/week is a safe does for a male with healthy T levels. My question is this: "are there any benefits to a male with healthy T levels, taking a T supplement: for healing from physical injuries?"

I'm in my mid twenties, 8%BF and juice often, and am in the process of converting to a mostly vegan diet. I lift 3-4 days a week. I got my L5/S1 punched pretty hard by steel doing GWOT things and haven't felt right since. The VA docs did a MRI and concluded that I have a bulge in the disk, and have tried cortisone injections, PT, and chiropractic, but none of that has helped me long term. For pain relief the best things I have found has been actually weight lifting and heating up a sock filled with oatmeal.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey Will,

Sorry I haven't been able to read through the entire thread: if this question has already been asked. I saw in your original post that 600mg/week is a safe does for a male with healthy T levels. My question is this: "are there any benefits to a male with healthy T levels, taking a T supplement: for healing from physical injuries?"
    Absolutely not a TRT dose. That's well into athletic/bbing doses and not a dose I'd ever recommend to a man with healthy T levels. You may be taking something out of context. OTC T "boosters" are a waste of $ as a rule. I cover them HERE with some updates on the main BZ site if you look at the topic sections on the site. For some levity I made this:

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I'm in my mid twenties, 8%BF and juice often, and am in the process of converting to a mostly vegan diet. I lift 3-4 days a week. I got my L5/S1 punched pretty hard by steel doing GWOT things and haven't felt right since. The VA docs did a MRI and concluded that I have a bulge in the disk, and have tried cortisone injections, PT, and chiropractic, but none of that has helped me long term. For pain relief the best things I have found has been actually weight lifting and heating up a sock filled with oatmeal.
    I have posted a fair amount here on back related stuff and possible use of hormones for connective tissue related issues here you'll turn up on a search. Also Look under the "Injuries" under topics on the main site for addition discussions.

Good luck!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was looking for where will recommended 600mg/wk on TRT...knew I wouldn't be able to find that!! ����

Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast