Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstone View Post
    Most doctors dont even really know about AI, or testing e2 is important. I got lucky and found a PA that is pretty well versed in trt, and will read any literature I bring him.
    Rarer than winning the lottery.

This is a great thread that can help people greatly. I haven't read through the whole thing, but do you cover hcg anywhere in the thread? I choose to only use it for a few months per year, rather than year round. I just wanted to read anything you might have posted about it.
    I'm pretty sure just about everything relevant covered, but it's a long thread. I have also posted a lot of useful links to studies and articles.

I was also wondering if you know of anybody using aveed (testosterone Undecanoate). The dosing schedule is real nice, after the loading phase injections can be spaced 8-10 weeks apart. Theres not much info on aveed, Nebeido the UK version is easier to find info on.
    I'm not a big fan. Levels are not all that steady as they claim, dosing varies quite a bit for individuals just as it does for the other esters of T, it's harder to tweak dose, and the FDA refused to approve it due to injection area complications found. Pass.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you need AI on trt dosages you're more than likely at an unhealthy bodyfat levels.
    What are you basing that assumption on? When would a person "need" an AI?

Feedback Score
    Just an update on my personal situation. I too have found a Doc who is willing to work with me and listen to my thoughts. I just met with him last week again, and my numbers look great. I'm at about 860. I do take a half a tablet of Anastrasole once a week and my Estrogen is right on track. I am a bit overweight. technically, if you believe in the bullshit BMI, I am obese at about 32% body fat at 5'7" and 245lbs, but I certainly can't be measured accurately by that scale. I have lifted heavy for all my adult life and have always been very muscular. I have the body more of a power lifter, who's put on some extra fat. About 3 months ago, he did send me to have a blood withdrawal once, but since has not had any concerns.

I did have a bit of a PSA scare over the last 6 weeks. My number was only 1.8, but he was concerned with how rapidly it increased. It nearly doubled over the last 6 or 7 months, starting at .88 up to the 1.8, but over the last 6 weeks it dropped back down to 1.2. My 73 year old brother does have low grade prostate cancer, but is progressing well with no treatment. It is not growing. My father had it late in life as well. I am 52 years old.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    What I would base it on: When their levels of E2 exceed the target range and can't be controlled via losing some BF, more frequent injection schedule, etc. Then an AI makes sense and pretty much only then in my view. Some are far too quick to get on/prescribe an AI in my view, but opinions differ.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-10-17 at 15:57.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo308guy View Post
    Just an update on my personal situation. I too have found a Doc who is willing to work with me and listen to my thoughts. I just met with him last week again, and my numbers look great. I'm at about 860. I do take a half a tablet of Anastrasole once a week and my Estrogen is right on track. I am a bit overweight. technically, if you believe in the bullshit BMI, I am obese at about 32% body fat at 5'7" and 245lbs, but I certainly can't be measured accurately by that scale. I have lifted heavy for all my adult life and have always been very muscular. I have the body more of a power lifter, who's put on some extra fat. About 3 months ago, he did send me to have a blood withdrawal once, but since has not had any concerns.

I did have a bit of a PSA scare over the last 6 weeks. My number was only 1.8, but he was concerned with how rapidly it increased. It nearly doubled over the last 6 or 7 months, starting at .88 up to the 1.8, but over the last 6 weeks it dropped back down to 1.2. My 73 year old brother does have low grade prostate cancer, but is progressing well with no treatment. It is not growing. My father had it late in life as well. I am 52 years old.
    If you lost some BF, say to 15% (which is not lean not too difficult to achieve) you may be able to drop that AI. 860 is good, but without tracking free T, E2, and perhaps SHBG (depending the outcome of E2 and FT testing) then it's a small piece of a larger picture of hormonal status. Per ongoing discussion, small more frequent dosing may also reduce need for AI and results in superior subjective symptoms.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If you lost some BF, say to 15% (which is not lean not too difficult to achieve) you may be able to drop that AI. 860 is good, but without tracking free T, E2, and perhaps SHBG (depending the outcome of E2 and FT testing) then it's a small piece of a larger picture of hormonal status. Per ongoing discussion, small more frequent dosing may also reduce need for AI and results in superior subjective symptoms.
    I am self injecting twice a week. About 400mg/month total. I definitely do need to lose some weight. No question. I forgot to ask him what my Free T was, I will follow up with a phone call next week to find out. What is SHBG?
    Last edited by yugo308guy; 03-10-17 at 16:06.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am self injecting twice a week. About 400mg/month total. I definitely do need to lose some weight. No question. I forgot to ask him what my Free T was, I will follow up with a phone call next week to find out. What is SHBG?
    Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) or sex steroid-binding globulin (SSBG). Generally looked at if the others are not GTG to possibly explain why someone may have a good TT but poor free T, etc. I'm surprised you get TT that high with 200mg per month.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) or sex steroid-binding globulin (SSBG). Generally looked at if the others are not GTG to possibly explain why someone may have a good TT but poor free T, etc. I'm surprised you get TT that high with 200mg per month.
    Sorry, I edited it. Was supposed to be 400.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry, I edited it. Was supposed to be 400.
    Makes much more sense, and even then, I'm surprised. Do you get tested the day the next injection is due and at the same time in the am? Over 800 at 100mg per week is still unusually high. Not a bad thing at all, just unusual. Most wish they could hit that level at that dose, which does not include the docs that for reasons not supported by science, seem to want to keep people 500 ish.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    On trt that doesnt put you above the reference range AI should rarely be needed. Its well known that high body fat causes the body to turn more testosterone into estrogen via the aromatase enzyme. If your at a healty body fat level and on a proper trt regiment AI shouldn't be needed at all. If you have high bodyfat you may need an AI regardless of dose or schedule.

Bloodwork would be the only determining factor on when an AI would be needed like will said. I would personally rather have slightly out of range e2 rather than use an AI.
    Last edited by johnstone; 03-10-17 at 22:41.

Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast