Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    Bad joke on my part. No, i am not calling you Anderson Cooper. I was pointing out that his program, Estrogen 360, lacks it.

I'm 70. I am taking a T supplement now. There seem to be three reasons for doing this. 1. Sexual drive. 2. Muscle building. 3. Energy. I am concerned with the latter. Some days I just feel like all the wind has been taken out of my sails. I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to sit there. I want my energy back. But there is a bit more. You have head the term "grumpy old man"? Well, I think this is a lack of testosterone too. What I am saying it low T causes bad attitude. Testosterone supplements, like you find at health food stores, do help with this. Even taking a zinc pill helps. Taking an iron pill helps with the energy too.

There is something else. Different suppliments seem to effect you in different ways. When I was 32 and lifting weights I reached a sticking point on the bench press. Someone suggested testosterone, but for me no steroids, so I found something called Muscle Mix. It was a small bottle of herbs in alcohol, administered through an eye dropper. You put 7 drops under your tongue and held it for 30 seconds. Wow, what a difference. Broke right through that sticking point. There may be supplements for sexual problems also. They could all be separate problems, influenced by different supplements---I don't know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Bad joke on my part. No, i am not calling you Anderson Cooper. I was pointing out that his program, Estrogen 360, lacks it.

I'm 70. I am taking a T supplement now. There seem to be three reasons for doing this. 1. Sexual drive. 2. Muscle building. 3. Energy. I am concerned with the latter. Some days I just feel like all the wind has been taken out of my sails. I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to sit there. I want my energy back. But there is a bit more. You have head the term "grumpy old man"? Well, I think this is a lack of testosterone too. What I am saying it low T causes bad attitude. Testosterone supplements, like you find at health food stores, do help with this. Even taking a zinc pill helps. Taking an iron pill helps with the energy too.

There is something else. Different suppliments seem to effect you in different ways. When I was 32 and lifting weights I reached a sticking point on the bench press. Someone suggested testosterone, but for me no steroids, so I found something called Muscle Mix. It was a small bottle of herbs in alcohol, administered through an eye dropper. You put 7 drops under your tongue and held it for 30 seconds. Wow, what a difference. Broke right through that sticking point. There may be supplements for sexual problems also. They could all be separate problems, influenced by different supplements---I don't know.
    No, they do not. Many tested to date, all failed when put to objective testing. Only way to know your T is not up to snuff is to get tested. This thread is focused on legit TRT/HRT. In terms of "T booster" type supplement, I cover them HERE.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Today is day three for me back on T. I'm starting to feel better. I also slept better last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Correlation does = causation, but if the reverse was found, the media and other anti T knobs would be all over it. Be that as it may...

Testosterone decline associated with increased mortality risk

Men experiencing a pronounced, age-related decline in testosterone level are more likely to die of any cause during a 15-year period vs. men who have testosterone levels in the 10th to 90th percentile, according to findings reported in the European Journal of Endocrinology.

https://www.healio.com/endocrinology...mortality-risk
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yet more research showing TRT does not increase risk of MI:

Conclusion

"This large, retrospective, real-world observational study showed no significant association between TT use and acute MI when comparing TT-treated with untreated hypogonadal men overall, by age, or by prior CVD; the suggested association between injectable TT and acute MI deserves further investigation."

Source:

http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S...427-3/abstract
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've been on TRT since August, turned 50 in September. Total test was in the low normal range, but free test taken at 7:30a.m. was only 2.8. Just finishing my third month of 300mg a week along with an estrogen blocker and HCG. Haven't felt this good in 15 years. Better focus, better sleep, down just just one cup of coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. Previously my normal caffeine intake was 10-12 cups of coffee a day and 4-6 diet cokes just to keep me going. Within 5-6 days I noticed I didn't have a taste for the soda anymore. I've dropped two pant sizes, but only about 10 pounds which I'm cool with. A benefit I wasn't expecting is that a lot 50-60% of my arthritis joint pain has diminished.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    I've been on TRT since August, turned 50 in September. Total test was in the low normal range, but free test taken at 7:30a.m. was only 2.8. Just finishing my third month of 300mg a week along with an estrogen blocker and HCG. Haven't felt this good in 15 years. Better focus, better sleep, down just just one cup of coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. Previously my normal caffeine intake was 10-12 cups of coffee a day and 4-6 diet cokes just to keep me going. Within 5-6 days I noticed I didn't have a taste for the soda anymore. I've dropped two pant sizes, but only about 10 pounds which I'm cool with. A benefit I wasn't expecting is that a lot 50-60% of my arthritis joint pain has diminished.
    What's your labs look like? That's a very high weekly dose.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What's your labs look like? That's a very high weekly dose.
    So far everything looks good other than a cholesterol spike. The testosterone decreased my hdl which increased my ldl plus I got sloppy on my diet for about six weeks. I've been borderline on cholesterol for a few years and controlling it with diet since I didn't like how the meds made me feel.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    So far everything looks good other than a cholesterol spike. The testosterone decreased my hdl which increased my ldl plus I got sloppy on my diet for about six weeks. I've been borderline on cholesterol for a few years and controlling it with diet since I didn't like how the meds made me feel.

That does not tell me much. What is your TT, FT, E2, etc with those doses? Who recommended 300mg weekly?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That does not tell me much. What is your TT, FT, E2, etc with those doses? Who recommended 300mg weekly?
    I'll post it when I get my next blood work done. This last was just done by my family doc as part of an annual physical and he didn't check the things my endochrinologist is monitoring. My endocrinologist is writing the scripts. I feel great so I have no reason to doubt his reasoning behind it. Unless something changes drastically for the worse in my blood work I'm going to run with it.

Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast