Thread: A review of the Rock River Arms National Match A2 AR-15 (RRA NM A2, NMA2)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

A review of the Rock River Arms National Match A2 AR-15 (RRA NM A2, NMA2)

since it doesn't fit in the precision rifle section .....

Range Report: Rock River Arms NM A2 rifle

A review of the Rock River Arms National Match A2 AR-15 (RRA NM A2, NMA2) rifle that’s longer than three sentences.

Summary:

I earned my Rifleman badge in mid January with this rifle, brand new, out of the box. Centered, the windage was right on. A few twists down on the front sight and she was zeroed for 25m (Appleseed standard range distance).

Fantastic rifle. No play in the receivers. Included with the package is one NHMTG 20-rnd Al magazine (made 3-09), owner’s manual, empty chamber indicator (pretty short chamber nub though) and a really nice plastic carry case (see pics) though it requires you to separate the upper and lower (and its blue lol. I might actually paint it or perhaps better yet, RitDye it).

Ordered Dec 1, 2009, delivered to my FFL Jan 6, 2010. According to RRA the ship date (“born-on-date”) was 12-21-09. Ordered from Mudcat on USRifleteams.com.

Specifications:
    Manufacturer: Rock River Arms
    Barrel: Wilson air gauged stainless steel, 20in, Wylde chamber (.223/5.56), 1/8 twist rate, A2 flash hider, A2 integral front post sight/gas block.
    Handguard: RRA free float handguard
    Trigger: RRA NM 2-stage trigger.
    Front Post: 0.050
    Rear sight: NM 1/4x1/4, .030 hooded aperture in fixed upper handle receiver.
    Standard A2 pistol grip and A2 buttstock, utilizing GI canvas sling

I used Federal 223 bulk pack (BP223BL) for the Appleseed event, fairly clean burning ammo and sufficiently accurate (at 25m anyway lol )

Closest data http://www.federalpremium.com/produc...ifle.aspx?id=5

My Best standing group:

Best overall group:

600yd results

Last edited by danpass; 01-18-11 at 10:24.