Thread: My new and 1st HAK

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

My new and 1st HAK

Got this today in the mail. it's a Hideaway knife. They had my size in stock. I also got a sheath with belt wrap. William proceeded to send me another sheath on a J hook belt loop and yet a 3rd sheath with a chain attached for neck carry. Also came with a breath mint (Lifesaver), 2 zip ties, cord wraps in different colors, a sticker and more.
    Bad cell phone pics but here she is:

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Sweet! Are they still in business?

I got a HAK through a friend, who bought a pair of them off TOS. I have it rigged inside my church blazer.

I do like the cord-wrapped handle, I think it makes it easier to deploy and use.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    They're still in business. They had my size in stock. Gave me a ton of extras. Great knife. 3 days from ordering to delivery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good to see that HAK is recovering. Yours looks just like mine...
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have one but having a hard time figuring out a good carry/deployment method. Basically it's only useful when both your knuckles are through the hole, but it's hard to do that when the knife is against your skin/shirt/pouch. You can only get your first set of knuckles through and then you have to wiggle it the rest of the way which isn't very tactical. It it was rigged/suspended in way that you could stick both your knuckles through at once then it would work more as advertised.

Maybe I am missing something?

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Kabar TDI last ditch that i run right behind my belt buckle and can grab with a finger tip if necessary. 2 things I've thought after carrying this way for a few months now. 1 if I think i may need it I can discreetly draw it and hide it from view. 2 its fast enough with just one finger through loop to be effective for a neck shot (1.5" blade) that my main target.

Chris

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    One of the extra things they sent me with the HAK was a J loop with sheath attached. I keep it directly to the right of my belt buckle and left of a belt loop. It is nicely hidden. If I lift my shirt and just suck in a little bit, its very easily accessible. With practice it could be very fast. I hope.