Thread: CASV-EL good choice for 6920? or old news?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CASV-EL good choice for 6920? or old news?

I have a 6920 and am awaiting for the UPS guy to bring my T1/Larue 1/3 mount.

I had a build from a few years back that I used a CASV-EL, and wondered if that's still a decent platform compared to some of the newer rails that are out? I was thinking of pirating it off that build and putting it on the 6920. I wanted to keep the gun light weight. (wasn't sure of the weight/balance of the CASV compared to some of the troy or DD rails) and I don't plan on hanging anything else on the rail besides maybe the the Magpul AFG.

I saw that American Defense has mounts for the T1 with lower 1/3 cowitness for the CASV. I would plan on using that instead of the Larue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The VLTOR CASV rails are excellent. When I first got one, it was so light that I suspected it would be flimsy, but mine have held up really well. More importantly, I hear nothing but good about them from the guys actually using them in combat. I like to think of the CASV rails as the upgraded version of the SIR rails. I just wish they'd produce a rifle-length version.
    Last edited by crazymoose; 01-28-10 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    I may not be "on-line" to all new offers on US market, but I had CASV-EL since it's cvilian debut on my first AR (Stag). It was lightweight, sturdy, easy and positive to grip and configurable. Ease of install with no permanent or even armorer level modifications are in plus as well. For lightweight ff railed handguard it's still my favorite. I compared it to Troys, DDs and LaRues on my friends rifles and CASV-EL can still stay in front row. Now I use proprietary HK hanguard on MR223, but if I was to select ff handguard for carbine once more, I would definitelly have CASV-EL in equation. I also like it's look and shape. You can actually see it on my avatar picture.

BTW I used Larue LT-152 mount for my CompM3. It's made for higher HK416 rail. I gave me perfect lower 1/3 co-witness (GG&G gasblock with sight front and ARMS 40L-SP rear) when mounted on CASV-EL top rail.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I tried the Surfire and DD Omega and eventually settled on the CASV-EL. It is rock solid and light. Easier to install than ALL the rest. Comes with all the rails you would every need to set up your AR the way you want and then some.

Only downside is it does not leave much room for a BUIS and only certian BUIS will mount once it is installed. The ARMS 40L worked great for me but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    I tried the Surfire and DD Omega and eventually settled on the CASV-EL. It is rock solid and light. Easier to install than ALL the rest. Comes with all the rails you would every need to set up your AR the way you want and then some.

Only downside is it does not leave much room for a BUIS and only certian BUIS will mount once it is installed. The ARMS 40L worked great for me but YMMV.
    I've got the M model and it's awesome! Titan Defense has some sights (made for them by Troy) for their HK416 uppers. They're for high railed guns like the 416, Sig 556, etc. I've thought about getting a set but you can buy them separately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice,
    Seems there are so many choices out now, I hated to move it over buy mounts for the T1 and then realize it was a poor choice.

Feedback Score
    I've been running my CASEV-EL for over a year. That includes 2 carbine classes and competitions monthly around 3k through the rifle with the rail. Love it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am running the CASV-M on one build and am getting ready to put one on another; the wife's lightweight build. For the price you can't beat the rigidity, the light weight, and accessibility to the barrel without tools (sorry, I have a cleaning fetish). I have yet to have a heat issue, it is well ventilated and as a free float design with minimal barrel contact and lots of space around the barrel heat build-up is not a problem.