Thread: Adams Arms Piston System and Noveske Barrels?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Adams Arms Piston System and Noveske Barrels?

Wanting to do a noveske 10.5 or NEW 8.5 upper but I want to do a Adams Arms Gas Piston System. I will be suppressing this weapon and it will run suppressed all the time unless for some reason I need to take the suppressor off. My question is will the Piston system fit the Novekes? I read on thier website that their gas block are 1" instead of 1.9" average. Since the Adams Arms Gas Blocks look to be longer than 1", can I make it work? Also how will this set up run suppressed? Post pics if you have similar set ups please.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anybody? Can any body recommend a 8.5" - 9.5" barrel that i can purchase other than the complete uppers from POF and LWRC? Anybody make just a barrel in the lenght I want that I can purchase? I really want the extra lenght to get the most velocity I can from a SBR/supressed setup and still keep the total lenght of the the barrel with suppressor attahced under 14.5".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    WOA barrels' gas block areas, if I recall, are closer to 2" and should provide enough space for most piston installs. Not sure if they make barrels of the length you seek, however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akxx View Post
    WOA barrels' gas block areas, if I recall, are closer to 2" and should provide enough space for most piston installs. Not sure if they make barrels of the length you seek, however.
    I built a 16" mid length using a stainless WOA barrel and Adams Arms gas unit. Plenty of room for the gas block.