Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so great about the BCM Gunfighter?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by organdonor View Post
    And there are other charging handles with large latches.
    ...that all require putting a lot of torque on a very small roll pin that frankly was never intended to take that much pressure. The Gunfighter design redirects that force to an area that is better able to handle the force of someone clawing at the latch because some jackoff is trying to kill them and they need to get the gun up and running again.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by organdonor View Post
    alright. I feel stupid for not having read past the specs list on their site now.
    Glad I could point you in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    ...that all require putting a lot of torque on a very small roll pin that frankly was never intended to take that much pressure. The Gunfighter design redirects that force to an area that is better able to handle the force of someone clawing at the latch because some jackoff is trying to kill them and they need to get the gun up and running again.
    This is the biggest benefit. And that's coming from someone who has broken 2 GI CH and 4 PRI GB CH. Its not only the bigger latch. Its the whole design and concept of taking pressure and stress of the roll pin.

I also personally think that the feel of the actual latch is better than other offering but this is purely cosmetic.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see Troy is coming out with an ambi model, I wonder if they will make a gunfighter in ambi, that could be pretty awesome!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I emailed Paul recently and he said there are no plans to make an ambi or lefty-friendly model.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    This is the biggest benefit. And that's coming from someone who has broken 2 GI CH and 4 PRI GB CH. Its not only the bigger latch. Its the whole design and concept of taking pressure and stress of the roll pin.

I also personally think that the feel of the actual latch is better than other offering but this is purely cosmetic.
    You must go to the gym too much!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post

OR he's someone who shoots his guns for REAL. I've broken a few charging handles too, the original design leaves a lot to be desired. The Gunfighter is an excellent design. If view them as Z rated tires, few need them. But for those that use and need them they work as advertised.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I wish. I'm just notorious for being able to break shit. I could **** up a hockey puck.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well that sucks for us Southpaws...
    Trying to sort out what may be "second best" that is lefty friendly.
    Honestly, not having used a ambi; I don't know if its a must. Seems more ergonomic to grab than having to claw it ever time.

Any advice on what the better ambi version is?

Feedback Score
    Kind of a hijack, but for those of you who are using the BCM Gunfighter, which do you use or recommend?

I am looking at getting the Mod 4, with the medium latch. I can't find these locally to look at up close. So, my gut feeling is that I would be better served with the medium sized one. One fear that I have is that the larger latch, on the mod 3, would get caught on something.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast