Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 6920 carbine gas length okay?

Feedback Score
    I won't worry about the 6920 then. I'll have to build a middy BCM though. Thanks for all of the advice

BTW, has anyone actually experienced problems with the 6920 beating up on parts more than a middy? I'm just curious how much mil spec ammo you have to put downrange before you notice any abnormal wear. If I have to wear out a barrel before there are any noticible problems, I'd probably just replace the upper anyhow.

Feedback Score
    I think putting a heavy buffer in it will help mitigate issues you may see with it being over gassed. Someone with more experience than me can expand on that if they want. Not that it would help with wear and tear, but it would help limit recoil (carbine recoil > mid recoil). I hear the Spikes buffer is great for that. I have one but haven't shot it yet.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 02-05-10 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgalbra76 View Post
    I won't worry about the 6920 then. I'll have to build a middy BCM though. Thanks for all of the advice

BTW, has anyone actually experienced problems with the 6920 beating up on parts more than a middy?...
    No. Step away from the computer. You'll be making mountains out of mole hills in no time if you spend too much time surfing and not enough shooting. As much as I like this forum, time spent here can be a double edged sword.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    No. Step away from the computer. You'll be making mountains out of mole hills in no time if you spend too much time surfing and not enough shooting. As much as I like this forum, time spent here can be a double edged sword.
    lol, you make a good point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgalbra76 View Post
    lol, you make a good point.
    Absolutely...don't over think it....the 6920 will be good for many thousands of rounds..

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    I think putting a heavy buffer in it will help mitigate issues you may see with it being over gassed. Someone with more experience than me can expand on that if they want. Not that it would help with wear and tear, but it would help limit recoil (carbine recoil > mid recoil). I hear the Spikes buffer is great for that. I have one but haven't shot it yet.
    A 6920 already has an H buffer in it. He really doesn't need to do anything to it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    Epic response and true.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I've gone back to 14.5 carbine length systems. Because the US government uses the carbine system, it's really a carbine world. Carbines are lighter and more flexible.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    I've gone back to 14.5 carbine length systems. Because the US government uses the carbine system, it's really a carbine world. Carbines are lighter and more flexible.
    Depends on your needs and uses. Some could argue differently.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12