Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ATACS Camo- Post SHOT thoughts?

Feedback Score
    We tried to acquire some 1000d in the ATACS pattern when it first was released.
    Was told to wait till after SHOT Show..
    We're still interested in it, but hopefully its not @ Multicam Prices..
    I definitely agree the buzz is way down..
    And I also heard through the grapevine materials will be distributed directly through TAG....
    Who knows...

CXS
    Last edited by custom-x_sponjah; 02-22-10 at 12:02.
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    Edge-Works Manufacturing

Feedback Score
    Lets hope it's not at Multicam prices but I'll bet it will be. I can see the Multicam getting a bit more expensive while the Army ramps up their demand.

pr

Feedback Score
    I had a sit down with them at Shot and they specifically said the cost for materials would be kept below multicam.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    that's an oxymoron if i've ever seen one.
    that being said, it looks like it'll work well in those specific areas it's optimized for.
    Actually it makes sense. The pattern is universal, meaning you don't need a different pattern for different terrain types. The coloring of the pattern may change depending on the environment.

At least that is what I take it to mean.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Actually it makes sense. The pattern is universal, meaning you don't need a different pattern for different terrain types. The coloring of the pattern may change depending on the environment.

At least that is what I take it to mean.
    That's exactly what digital has done. Same pattern, different colors. ACU, MARPAT, Desert MARPAT, CADPAT, HajiPAT...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ok, i'm tracking you guys now. pattern vs. colour.

Feedback Score
    I was a little off too. I had to read it a couple times to be tracking.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I thought it looked good, very good for urban environments which is probably what we should focus on.

At the end of the day though, the USMC still has it right, especially logistically. The fact that their CB gear as well as their belts, t-shirts, boots, etc... all transfers over and the only things they change are blouse, trousers, and headgear is the best route. A universal camo just doesn't exist. Multi-Cam and ATAC make valiant efforts, but they are still "B" rate across the board, where as having multiple patterns with common gear allows for "A" camouflage without a logistical nightmare on part of the military.

The bottom line is it needs to get un-assed right the **** now because it's ridiculous. Right now I have gear in ABU, ACU, Foliage, BDU, OD, Range Green, Coyote Tan, Coyote Brown, DCU, Multi-Cam, black, and 4 shades of spray paint.

Someone mentioned price, Multi-Cam isn't really any more expensive than anything else, I believe you are talking about Crye's proprietary designs, which are expensive as shit because of supply and demand. They can charge $180 for a pair of pants and still have a 3 month backorder.

ares armor Guest
    We have been working in ATACS for the past 4 months now. I have personally witnessed a comparative demo with ATACS and Mulitcam that the sniper school put on over here at Camp Pen. It is a very impressive pattern.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm interested in it for hunting predators in Southern AZ. Looks like it might work out nicely for that. I'm not nearly qualified enough to give an opinion on it as far as the military is concerned.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast