Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone messed with SolarForce Lights?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    MarkM: Another thing that will whet your appetite is that Malkoff is running a sale right now, on a pair of LED's that would work well for you.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/s...sq7fv0svpp8kr3

Twenty bucks off on the 80 lumen and 140 lumen LED's. He's getting ready to put out some new ones, and is clearancing the old ones. It would help offset the cost of your new tailcap switch.

HTH, and let us know what you decide to do. I'm in the same boat on one of my carbines. I'm an inch away from just buying a used X300 and calling it good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never used one weaponmounted, but I did carry a Solarforce through academy and my first few months as a cop as a backup light. Had no issues, and liked it. Only reason I stopped carrying it is because I didn't like the crappy nylon holster and I REALLY like the Surefire V70 holster. The light itself was awesome, every bit as good as my 6P with Malkoff drop in.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    MarkM: Another thing that will whet your appetite is that Malkoff is running a sale right now, on a pair of LED's that would work well for you.
    I'm waiting for the M60 to get back in stock. I ordered the SolarForce as a host for the M60, and simply added the Cree for the $2.95 additional amount.

The Cree is pretty damned impressive though.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm waiting for the M60 to get back in stock.
    Depending on how much light you want, the M60L may do you. It puts out quite a bit more light than a standard SF. The M60 is really bright for indoor use...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like stupid amounts of light. I've never held a light that I thought would be too much throw or splash for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Solarforce light

FWIW, there is a 500 lumen solarforce l2p up for bid on EBAY. I think it is a buy it noe for 55 bucks. You might want to wander over there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12