Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Streamlight Poly-Tac LED

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any updates on this? I too would like to give this light a try, but I need a pressure switch for it. Anyone know yet if there is one available that works?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have PolyTac LED that I used to use for work. It's now my wife's flashlight, but I abused that light at work and it still works like new. For the price nothing can beat it. 120 lumens and a click switch, the SureFire G2 doesn't even compare dollar-for-dollar. I think a SureFire pressure switch may work with the PolyTac, all my SF tailcaps are interchangeable with the PolyTac but some won't activate the light, like the Z59, while the Z41 twisty will work fine.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 02-08-11 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Since somebody else resurrected it, I'll contribute.

The Polytac LED is an awesome light. I replaced my G2LED with it after checking out a co-worker's. While strobe mode, dimmer, and other fancy features are becoming the "in" thing, the Polytac LED just works, and works great. Especially since Amazon regularly has them at $35 new (paid $33 for one of mine).

My only concern related to the Polytac lights as a weapon mounted light is actually the click tailcap. My fear is that one could accidentally bump it in to constant on mode, where the twist-for-constant on the Surefire lights would not allow that. Just my two cents, though.

Feedback Score
    Looks like the Surefire pressure switch is what everyone says works, but at $100 it makes it no bargain setup anymore. If anyone else had success with another pressure switch, please let us know otherwise I'm gonna keep looking into a solid replacement for my ATN 125 Lumen light setup that is fine, but just a bit on the heavy side at a total weign including mount and switch at 9.xx oz.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123