Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOCOM M4A1 14.5'' Upper builds.

Feedback Score

Cool SOCOM M4A1 14.5'' Upper builds.

Please post picture of your SOCOM upper builds? How many people have use CMMG SOCOM 14.5'' Barrels for their builds? How much does the 14.5''SOCOM Barrel weight more than a Reg. M4 14.5'' Barrel?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Not exactly a precise measurement, but I know the difference between the standard LE 6920 barrel and the SOCOM HB for the same weapon is about one pound -- keeping in mind that this is in a 16" (vice 14.5") application.

Chief

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a CMMG M4A1 barrel. I need to snap some updated pictures, I have since added an EOTech 512, LaRue mount, Troy BUIS and Magpul enhanced trigger guard. I'll try to take more pictures tonight. The lower is an Anvil Arms (out of Lakeland, FL) They did the custom engraving at a Tampa gun show for me. It was pretty fun, I e-mailed Jon the Autobots logo and he gave it to his graphics guy who imported it to Correl and that is the end result.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Not exactly a precise measurement, but I know the difference between the standard LE 6920 barrel and the SOCOM HB for the same weapon is about one pound -- keeping in mind that this is in a 16" (vice 14.5") application.

Chief
    If the profile difference is only under the handguards, the 1 pound difference should be the same regardless of 16" vs 14.5" OAL.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Here's mine. Colt 6920 lower w/ Colt SOCOM M4A1 barreled upper. I went with the permanently attached extended A2 flash hider by Sabre Defense.

ETA: Here is a pic comparing the SOCOM barreled upper and the factory 6920 upper.

Last edited by buddyhoohaw; 04-04-07 at 14:37. Reason: Additional information.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    If the profile difference is only under the handguards, the 1 pound difference should be the same regardless of 16" vs 14.5" OAL.
    Good point! I think I had it in the back of my head that I was referencing an overall weight figure too, but obviously I failed to make any mention of that.

Even so, the practical differences between a 14.5" and 16" (weight wise) just on account of the barrel -- assuming like profiles -- are likely pretty negligible.

Chief

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Colt LE6920's with Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrels:

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I have a CMMG M4A1 barrel. I need to snap some updated pictures, I have since added an EOTech 512, LaRue mount, Troy BUIS and Magpul enhanced trigger guard. I'll try to take more pictures tonight. The lower is an Anvil Arms (out of Lakeland, FL) They did the custom engraving at a Tampa gun show for me. It was pretty fun, I e-mailed Jon the Autobots logo and he gave it to his graphics guy who imported it to Correl and that is the end result.

Cool Autobot Symbol

Feedback Score
    Here is my M4A1 SOCOM build, Colt barrel.

Owner - BRD Engineering

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ran a CMMG M4A1 barrel with a KAC RAS for a while and liked the setup, I wish they still made that profile barrel because I want to do another build with a full length DD RIS II.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast