Thread: LWRC REPR Mag issues

Feedback Score

LWRC REPR Mag issues

Hello all,

I have just recently purchase a LWRC REPR and I am in the market for
    additional magazines. During my investigation I encountered other REPR
    owners who claim to have issues with 20LR magazine. Given the relative
    small number of these rifles in the hands of recreational shooters it
    would appear that this number is significant.

When I queried MAGPUL they stated that the LWRC REPR was experiencing Bolt-Over failures with the 20LR.

I have also read individuals using a newer version of the CProducts .308 20rd Magazine have had issues as well. This due to feed lip alteration done by CProducts on ther newer mags.

Are you folks able to shed some light regarding the compatibility of the
    MAGPUL 20LR/CProducts and the LWRC REPR?

What magazines are people having luck with?

Thanks

--John

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I dont know if LaRue has made their own manufactured OBR magazines available for sale separately yet. Might be worth a call.

Other than accuracy wise, I havent heard any good reports regarding the LWRCi REPR. Good luck!
    Last edited by nickdrak; 02-05-10 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post

Other than accuracy wise, I havent heard any good reports regarding the LWRCi REPR. Good luck!
    Wow you must not be reading the same things I have been. Yea I have read a few issues with Magpul's new 308 mags but not just with the LWRC. Seems to be a mag issue not a rifle issue. Care to let us know what you have been reading that you haven't heard any good reports about the REPR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals View Post
    Wow you must not be reading the same things I have been. Yea I have read a few issues with Magpul's new 308 mags but not just with the LWRC. Seems to be a mag issue not a rifle issue. Care to let us know what you have been reading that you haven't heard any good reports about the REPR?
    This how MAGPUL reponded to my query:

John,
    Thank you for your inquiry. From all reports the current crop of LWRCI REPR rifles are NOT compatible with the PMAG 20LR due to bolt-over failures. Both the PMAG 20LR and LWRCI REPR were developed independently from each other and, with the wide variety dimensional differences between the various 7.62 NATO ARs, we designed the 20LR specifically for the Knight’s Armament series of guns. To date there has been great success with the PMAG 20LR with other brands such as the DPMS LR308, LMT 7.62 MRP, LaRue Tactical OBR, POF P-308, JP Enterprises LRP-07 and others. From what we understand LWRCI is making some changes to the lower receiver of their newest rifles to work with the 20LR, but at this point in time there is no easy fix for existing guns…

V/R,

JUSTIN BEARD
    Customer Service Manager
    Magpul Industries Corporation
    1.877.4MAGPUL x 118
    Email: jbeard@magpul.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well bottom line is its a mag issue not a gun issue. You can't blame the rifle for not working with a mag that Magpul designed for another rifle. If the rifle performs with the mag it was shipped with than I would say the rifle works just fine. I can see LWRC making changes to work with the Magpul since they are a cheap mag and Magpul has a reputation to work well in AR's. I am a huge Magpul guy but I would not let that stop me from buying a REPR, I would just buy other mags that work.

Feedback Score
    Well bottom line is its a mag issue not a gun issue. You can't blame the rifle for not working with a mag that Magpul designed for another rifle. If the rifle performs with the mag it was shipped with than I would say the rifle works just fine. I can see LWRC making changes to work with the Magpul since they are a cheap mag and Magpul has a reputation to work well in AR's. I am a huge Magpul guy but I would not let that stop me from buying a REPR, I would just buy other mags that work.
    I am attempting to determine what that other mag is. The mag LWRC delivers with the gun is a CProduct. Everything was good until CProduct altered the mag design rendering problematic. This is comming from the LWRC tech folks.

Do not get me wrong, I am only looking for a solution to a problem.

Who's mag can I purchase which will work reliable with the REPR I have purchased.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can understand your looking for a solution. I am purchasing an 18" so I am going to have to contact LWRC and see what they say. I would suggest you contact LWRC and put it in their hands to solve the issue. There is no reason you should not be able to purchase a mag from them that does not work...if their vendor changed something and it doesn't work than that is a huge problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its a gun issue, LWRCI claimed SR-25 Mag comptibility - and the PMAG-LR is a SR-25 compatible mag.

End Story.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Its a gun issue, LWRCI claimed SR-25 Mag comptibility - and the PMAG-LR is a SR-25 compatible mag.

End Story.
    Unfortunately, I believe that's true. (I say unfortunately only because I have a REPR on order, hopefully this will be straightened out before I take delivery).

The REPR was advertised as SR-25 mag compaitible. That means it should work with the Magpul LR and the C Products mag, which are both made to work in the SR-25 guns. And they both work in SR-25 pattern weapons to include LMT, KAC, LaRue, POF, etc.

I'm a big fan of LWRC. The excellent experience I've had with my M6A2 convinced me to buy the REPR. But it's clear to me something got missed during it's development. I hope it is fixed soon as I believe the REPR has a lot of potential.

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    Unfortunately, I believe that's true. (I say unfortunately only because I have a REPR on order, hopefully this will be straightened out before I take delivery).

The REPR was advertised as SR-25 mag compaitible. That means it should work with the Magpul LR and the C Products mag, which are both made to work in the SR-25 guns. And they both work in SR-25 pattern weapons to include LMT, KAC, LaRue, POF, etc.

I'm a big fan of LWRC. The excellent experience I've had with my M6A2 convinced me to buy the REPR. But it's clear to me something got missed during it's development. I hope it is fixed soon as I believe the REPR has a lot of potential.
    I have been in contact with LWRC and have asked how this will be resolved only to get a sympathetic run-around.

Many of folks have jumped on the REPR. I hope LWRC make good on this issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast