Thread: building a DTI any suggestions?

Feedback Score

building a DTI any suggestions?

Hey guys, first of all hello to everyone since im new on this site. I have a DTI 16" carbine length AR, I ordered the basics from magpul, stock, ASAP, MS2 sling, AFG, etc. and was wondering if anyone knew any issues with the DTI rifles. I know they aren't anything to shout about (trust me if i had the money i would have gone with a tier 1 like noveske) but i am going to make due with what i have. any suggestions or feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I have two Del-Ton mid-length uppers, and they have served me well. My advice is to not get caught up in all the hype, because if you do, you'll never be happy with what you have; no matter what you have. Get to know your firearm, and go shoot, shoot, shoot. Enjoy your rifle and be safe.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    One of my ar's is a dti. I had problems for about the first 500 rounds not picking up the round in the chamber but that cleared itself. Thought is was a gas issue but it wasn't. I chocked that up to all the parts having to 'take a set' with each other. Also be careful on doing one hand manipulations of the charging handle. After about a year of many range sessions and dry fire time the rear of the receiver starts to wear b/c of the slight angle put on the charging handle while you pull it. My other ar has a vltor upper and I do not have the same problem. But anyway, after the initial problem she was 100% reliable.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    And I totally agree with hikeeba! Spend money on bullets, range fees, targets, and good schools at first. There is nothing that aggravates me more than seeing a guy at the range with a $3000 ar and he has no idea how to properly run it.