Thread: I need a Backyard Curing oven for Norrells finish

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question I need a Backyard Curing oven for Norrells finish

I need a Home made backyard Norrells moly-resin curing oven. I don't want to use my oven and my shotgun barrel won't fit inside of it. Does anybody have any ideas?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have heard of people using a wall locker with a heating element and a thermometer. I think a layer of sheet rock would make good insulation.

When I get the mini-mancave finished this fall, I was thinking about putting something like that under the overhang on the back.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 02-27-10 at 16:55.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score

Use a vertical smoker:

http://tinyurl.com/yjp85ns

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was able to fit my Remington 700 barreled action in the kitchen oven by putting one rack at the top and hanging it angled with wire through the barrel. Just barely fit. How long is your shotgun? The smell wasn't too bad. The black smelled way worse than the tan though for some strange reason but still manageable with just leaving the kitchen window open with a fan running. Here are some pics of how it turned out.

Feedback Score
    I built one out of plywood and parts from a cheep toaster oven that I got at a Big Lots/odd Lots for $20. Worked great.

Took the four Quartz heating elements from the oven along with the thermostat, arranged them in the box that I lined with aluminum foil, used the racks, trays and other parts from the oven to hold the elements in place and support the painted parts. (Supported barrels from the lid, made it easy to lower in and out). Used a separate (accurate) thermometer to monitor temp. I did use some Styrofoam on the outside of the box but I don't know how necessary it was.

Remember wood starts to burn at 450F, the oven doesn't need to go over 350F

Probally wouldn't be OSHA approved but it worked great for me

Feedback Score
    i have found that craigs list is the bomb for this stuff! you can just about find anything you need at a good price. check it out.
    Warrior Shoot Event Group Inc.
    "Abilities! Not Disabilities."