Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TT Mini mav

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

TT Mini mav

I understand the point of the Mini mav is to be kind of a scaled down minimum type rig. What is too much for it though? I have a spare Monkey stomper that I thought maybe could be put on it, and an IFAK maybe?

Think that would be too much weight to have on one side and it'd have to be mounted in the center? I'm going to have to go over to the TT website and see how many rows wide it is I guess to kind of get an idea of how I could lay it out.

I did a search and didn't see many pics of Mini Mav set ups, if you have one, why don't you post a pic to show off your setup and hook me up with some ideas!

Thanks alot!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run my mini-MAVs with a BFG 10 Speed 3 cell pouch on them. This gives you a single column of webbing on either end of the rig. I've also ran 4 ATS shorty M4 pouches on a mini-MAV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    THanks for your reply!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I used a Mini-MAV to work out my Make Holes, Prevent Holes, Patch Holes rig. I think I had it loaded down about as much as I could. It worked OK like this, but it was definitely pushing the limit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome, thank you for the link to your work!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't have a pic but I have 3 TT single M4 mag pouches and a TT single pistol pouch on mine. I basically use it to feed my belt mounted pouches.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The mini-MAV is eight rows wide with a taper on the two outermost rows that reduces the height from 5 rows to 3 rows. Therefore, the effective width for full-sized pouches is 6 rows with shorter MOLLE on the outsides.

An alternative is to buy a 2-Piece MAV and split it into two separate roll-your-own mini-MAVs. This provides two panels of 9 rows with full height on all rows. I did this a couple of years ago. One panel has the original TT suspension and makes a dandy minimalist rig. The other one I had configured so that it attaches directly to a Camelbak hydration carrier. This gave me water, ammo and a bleeder kit all in one sleek, integrated package.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, that sounds awesome. Good thinking! I never come up with any good ideas like that lol. Thanks for your tip.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    nice.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Does anyone run an H harness on their mini mav? The straps are narrow and wasn't sure if it'd work. Looking at the bfg ten speed, too. How does the ten speed hold up, bc patrol?
    Acta Non Verba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast