Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1 carbine $$$ value?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

M1 carbine $$$ value?

Hey guys, what would an Auto-Ordnance M1 carbine with 1300 rounds through it go for? The reason I am asking is because my friend and I are considering a trade. I have a SIG SAUER P238 with less than 50 rounds though it. I was thinking of trading it for his M1 carbine. Is this a good deal? What would the carbine go for if I tried to sell it? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score

I'm not an expert.....

I would make the trade in a heart beat, mostly because I love the M1 Carbine and see no use in a P238.

Though there is no collectors value in an AO Carbine, it is still fun as hell to shoot and plink with.

What use is an alum/steel framed single action pocket pistol in a marginal self defense caliber? In my opinion, it is a retarded design that goes back in time. Useless. No offense.

A used AO M1 Carbine should fetch around $550 to $700.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks. I am still considering it...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As AO carbines are replicas, they don't fetch the kind of prices even CMP M1 Carbine arsenal rebuilds do second-hand. I'd value the two guns similarly, but would point out that given the current market, you'd be more likely to get closer to full value if you sold the P238 for cash than the M1 Carbine.

But if you're more interested in having fun than squeezing every dollar you can out of your posessions, I don't see why you couldn't, or shouldn't swap for the M1 Carbine if it genuinely appeals to you and you have no need or practical use for the P238.

I personally had my little dalliance with the M1 Carbine and didn't care for it all (nothing wrong with it mechanically, mind, just personal taste. It didn't fit me right and I felt the rear aperture was too small for a carbine, plus I didn't like stocking the relatively exotic ammo), but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Very true.

Feedback Score
    FWIW:
    It might not hurt to run the AO M1 Carbine with with several different types of mag's before making the trade. AO/Kahr replica guns have a very mixed reputation for QC. The factory magazine(s) might have been selected carefully.
    Two of the USGI carbines at our house have the apertures drilled out and old sanded down handguards installed. Call me Bubba , but I want to be able to see what's in front of me.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Don't forget 1300 rounds of .30 carbine is quite valuable (depending on if it's quality factory loads of course). If it runs well I'd take the Carbine and run...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score

Question

What kind of ammo is it ?

USGI and ROK milsurp are especially valuable.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Guys, there is no ammo included in the deal, it's got 1300 rounds THROUGH it, not with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabresbrs
    what would an Auto-Ordnance M1 carbine with 1300 rounds through it go for?
    An M1 Carbine + 1300 rounds would be too good to be true in trade for a P238.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    My guess is $400 to $500 for the carbine. You can do a search on gunbroker.com and find out for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast