Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a new flash suppressor, the one off the FN scar

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    which one? the older one or the newer one? last time i checked the newer one had a pic on aac's website

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasitman View Post
    I guess it is the military model, as I do not see it on the website listed. The one I would like is this one:

As of 2008:

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sorry i don't have pics. the flash hider we use on the scar is not a special military one. just an older model aac. i know aac still makes them but not sure if it's on their website. again, i would just get the newer one...unfortunately the military doesn't always have the latest and greatest.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crowkiller View Post
    What is your opinion on this comp/flash hider?

It is good at what it is suppose to do, but it is the incorrect FH for the SCAR.

When I got my SCAR, I promptly removed the PWS hider that was violating it and installed the correct blackout.

I have no idea why FN chose to use this hider. They could have used an A2 and saved the purchaser of the SCAR $100 or used the correct blackout.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    It is good at what it is suppose to do, but it is the incorrect FH for the SCAR.

When I got my SCAR, I promptly removed the PWS hider that was violating it and installed the correct blackout.

I have no idea why FN chose to use this hider. They could have used an A2 and saved the purchaser of the SCAR $100 or used the correct blackout.
    Agreed. I am not a fan of the PWS muzzle device. I would have been happy with an A2.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Agreed. I am not a fan of the PWS muzzle device. I would have been happy with an A2.

Furthering on this, I bet over half the people who purchased the SCAR removed the PWS hider and installed a blackout or A2. I personanlly know 6 people who did this.

If FN used a blackout or A2 from the get go, I doubt hardly anyone would have installed a PWS.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Furthering on this, I bet over half the people who purchased the SCAR removed the PWS hider and installed a blackout or A2. I personanlly know 6 people who did this.

If FN used a blackout or A2 from the get go, I doubt hardly anyone would have installed a PWS.
    I dont disagree. If I didn't think I would be selling my SCAR in the near future, I would probably change out the flash hider too
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score

Why is it incorrect for the SCAR?
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crowkiller View Post
    Why is it incorrect for the SCAR?
    I think he meant "not the same as the military version" on the SCAR. Although even that has changed with the latest SSR variant and it's Surefire break/silencer adapter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm selling the scar factory flash hider for $80 shipped. Shot less than 100rds and went with a kac qd to mount my friend's can lol. Such a waste of $$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12