Thread: Barrel for dedicated M261 build???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Barrel for dedicated M261 build???

I have an M261 .22 conversion kit that I bought used on TOS a few years back for $50. I later picked up a bunch of mag inserts for $10 ea that were NIW from the FALfiles board. The conversion feeds and functions extremely well. I have had to replace the conversion barrel an now this replacement looks like it is starting to crack as well. I would like to use it as the basis for a dedicated .22 upper. I have looked at Compass Lake they are way too expensive for my needs. I'm not looking for a Douglas or Krieger barrel. I would be very happy with a Green Mountain or similar quality barrel. Anyone know where to get such a barrel? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I had Adam at Ballistic Advantage make me a barrel for my Spike's bolt. Drop him a line - maybe he can do the same for a M261-pattern conversion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. That's a start.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No reply from ballistic advantage. Email sent to Compass lake for a 16" med weight barrel for mid length hand guards. I'll post any news.

Feedback Score
    did this prob ever get solved? i am looking for a 22 conversion upper that is compatiable with the m261.
    Last edited by motorolahamm; 02-22-10 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorolahamm View Post
    did this prob ever get solved? i am looking for a 22 conversion upper that is compatiable with the m261.

The new Olympic K22 upper uses an m-261 style bolt. I plan on ordering one soon and will post when I get it. I have read a couple of positive reviews. It will use M-261 mag inserts and BDM M-261 mags.

As far as barrels goes no one has replied to my requests. I'm not sure there is much of a market... CMMG has some pretty cool new option for their conversions. I may go that route if the Oly upper is a long wait.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just found out that Accuracy Speaks makes M-261 barrels!

http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/22lr-ar_15.htm

Feedback Score
    you may want to note. this thread. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56925 on Oly 22 upper
    NRA Life Member.