Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
So how exactly does the M951 mount in the pic??? Is this a Larue mount or Surefire mount??
I really like the simplicity of that setup, but I am thinking I MIGHT like to use a smaller light, for a little more of a lightweight setup.
Can I purchase a setup similar to this pic you posted of your M951, but with a DIFFERENT, SMALLER light???
I DO think that I want to use that basic style of setup though. Very KISS, and I think it will be just what I'm after. HOW does it attach to the rail???
What is the run time and lumen output of this M951? What is the length of the light body?
Thanks.
I don't have a LaRue mount yet, I'll get it later on when they improve the design by adding their new LT-exclusive lever safety lock.

The one on mine is the Surefire standard screw mount, the rail clamp is tightened to the rail when you turn the two thumb screws (I always use blue Loctite on all my threads).

The Surefire model M600 Scout like on USMC03's photo is smaller if you prefer a smaller light but slightly more cost.

The M95X series are 6-volt shock-isolated system powered by two lithium batteries and providing 65 lumens for one-hour of runtime or 120 lumens for 20 minutes using an included ultra-high output lamp assembly.

The overall length of the light body is about 6" and the smallest width at the center of the body of the new latest M95X models which I have are only .75" outer diameter.

Ref. Surefire M951 Millennium Universal WeaponLight System website link

Here's my setup of my LMT 16" Defender 2000 M4 carbine, I try to keep it as simple as possible by only mounting a KAC M4 RAS drop in rails, Surefire weaponlight, KAC VFG, EOTech 551 and LaRue EOTech QD mount

The M4 carbine on the upper picture is my main home defense weapon, I also have this Colt AR6721 16" Operator mid length gas system, medium contour barrel with LaRue free float 9.0 rails, TangoDown VFG and Surefire M961C weaponlight which is my heavy duty general purpose outdoor (SHTF) gun