Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my iPhone

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

my iPhone

I'm amazed...I dropped my iPhone on concrete 3 times, had it in the washer and dryer but it still works. It was out of commission for 2 weeks after it got washed but it works now. I've never had a protective case on it. It shows it's battle scars but wears them proud.
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 02-17-10 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was one of the shmucks who got the iPhone the day it came out in June of '07

Damn thing still works! I keep saying I will get the new 3GS, but I cant justify buying a new phone whent his one works. Been droped on the ground countless times, the case is starting to come apart from the screen a bit, but it still runs like a champ. No scrateches or cracks on the screen either. My budy got the 3G when it first came out, cracked the screen in a week. Not sure if its just me or if the original was better made, but this thing is a tank!

iPhone FTMFW!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    mine is a 3g and no problems with the screen other then detergent residue between the screen and the display.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My 15 year old niece was running and fell on hers and killed the screen but as it in her pocket it didn't get any marks on it.

The phone was about a month old so she went to the Apple store to see what they could do. The guy was so surprised that she was honest with him about falling on it that he just gave her a brand new phone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a first gen 16 gig and it was a beast. Still going too but I upgraded to a 3gs with my brother and not even a month and a half later I bent over to look under the truck and it fell out cracking the screen...... I cant tell you how many time I'd dropped my first one and dented it and what not and the screen was perfect. No case or screen protector on it. The new ones are just a million times cheaper made and thinner glass screen. I like the feel of my old one but the speed of the new one is much nicer
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My first gen iPhone fell on to concrete off a basement office desk a few times. It eventually had connection problems with the sync cable (and would no longer charge). Can't prove the two were related since the problems did not occur right after one of the falls. Apple replaced it since there was no water damage and it obviously was not working. No broken glass, only minimal denting. Immediately put an iSkin silicone case on it. Wife still uses that one.

Keep my 3GS in a case -- first a Spec, then an iSkin, and now a Magpul case just in case.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Alex V you weren't alone. I also was one of the shmucks who got the iPhone the day it came out in June of '07.

Never forget @ a Pat carb. class 2 years ago when I pulled mine out for a pic, " Oh look Mike (Heuser his AI), the other Mike has a gay phone, isn't that sweet ".

Not a tune fella @ 52 + freshly single so I went w/ the 4G model. Sold it to www.nextworth.com last year, very legit company for many different electronics, they are GTG.

This > I like the feel of my old one but the speed of the new one is much nicer < is where I am since I bought the 3Gs last August.
    Last edited by Agile53; 02-17-10 at 19:45.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You guys are lucky, my first iphone (first model) was sitting on my lap when I got out of my prelude one day while going to class. I got out and it fell on the grown and the screen was done...there were white vertical lines and the screen was black. Still worked but the screen was gone. I have a 3gs now and it hasn't had any pavement kisses (knock on wood).
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Let's see. Iphone meets concrete twice. Iphone freezes and needs to be replaced once. On my fourth one now. I almost gave up on it all together, but I don't want to live without it!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you seen the KAC case made to mount to the side of an AR-10/AR-15 so you can use the ballistic software? Pretty cool even though I wouldnt use it haha

http://soldiersystems.net/2009/06/18/kacs-ipod-mount/
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast