Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Larue Tactical trade

Feedback Score

Larue Tactical trade

It's convoluted story I won't bore you the details of, but the bottom line is this: I can make a deal to swap a Colt LE 6920 (with Magpul Furniture) for a low round count Larue Tactical AR and come out with a couple of hundred dollars on top of this. I don't have the model of the Larue yet. My limited understanding of the Larue's are that they are really well built for accuracy but perhaps don't have the barrel life of the Colt. I love the Colt and it does everything I need it to do. Looking at the current offerings on the Larue website it looks like it makes financial sense to do it since the lowest price Larue I can find in 5.56 is around 1600$ or so.

Assuming this is the lower priced Larue in question - is there a reason not to do this?

I just don't know enough about the Larue's to make a qualified decision and I couldn't find many used ones for sale. It seems to me that if I can make this happen I could probably re-sell the Larue and make enough to buy another Colt and a quality RDS by doing this.

Any input would be appreciated. BTW I am sure the deal is legit and legal.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    a good comparison would be ford to Ferrari. My first thoughts would be is the gun broken or a lemon? next would be if it is stolen. No one trades their Ferrari in for a Ford, get were im going with this.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If its legit, a 6920 can be found again. The same cannot be said for a Larue.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Larue barrel life is supposed to be 10K rounds or at least that many for the Lothar Walther barrels.

But if someone wants to trade a Larue for a Colt? It's either:

A. Broken
    B. Stolen
    C. Owner doesn't know the price point of a Larue
    D. All of the above

I'd be real careful about that kind of trade without running the serial number and having it fully inspected by someone who knows what to look for just to make sure. I wouldn't put it past some people to slap a cheap no name LPK and upper on a stripped Larue lower and sell it as a full "Larue Rifle."
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Nothing against Larue but why are people suggesting they are so high end are hard to come by?

Anyways, not much I'm trading my Colt for.

Feedback Score

Re: Larue Tactical trade

OK - the rest of the story is this: I have a left handed stag arms that belongs to a relative who's husband died. I was taking said Stag to the dealer, who is a personal friend, and is selling a bunch of guns on consignment for me. He tells me that a guy just left his shop looking to trade a Larue for a left handed AR. My dealer tells him that the Larue is a big ticket item and he could make out better by selling it outright. The guy tells the dealer that he doesn't care he only wants to swap and get a leftie. The guy was given the Larue as a gift and he is also moving in a couple of weeks. He is supposed to come back and see the dealer this week. So, my thinking was I could trade the stag for the Larue, sell the Colt and give the cash from that sale to my relative.

I will of course run the serial numbers on the gun, and strip it down to make sure it is genuine.

From the responses I am seeing so far I would be an idiot to turn it down, providing everything is legit. It really sounds like the guy with the Larue is motivated to do the trade before he moves.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Maineshooter; 07-08-13 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    Nothing against Larue but why are people suggesting they are so high end are hard to come by?

Anyways, not much I'm trading my Colt for.

High end...research the parts and the price tag.
    Hard to come by...try to order one and see how long the waiting list is.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    High end...research the parts and the price tag.
    Hard to come by...try to order one and see how long the waiting list is.
    LOTS of stuff is a long wait right now, that doesn't mean we'll never it see it readily available. And I like a lot of what Larue does but I don't see where it is tiers above something like Colt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineshooter View Post
    OK - the rest of the story is this: I have a left handed stag arms that belongs to a relative who's husband died. I was taking said Stag to the dealer, who is a personal friend, and is selling a bunch of guns on consignment for me. He tells me that a guy just left his shop looking to trade a Larue for a left handed AR. My dealer tells him that the Larue is a big ticket item and he could make out better by selling it outright. The guy tells the dealer that he doesn't care he only wants to swap and get a leftie. The guy was given the League as a gift and he is also moving in a couple of weeks. He is supposed to come back and see the dealer this week. So, my thinking was I could trade the stag for the Large, sell the Colt and give the cash from that sale to my relative.

I will of course run the serial numbers on the gun, and strip it down to make sure it is genuine.

From the responses I am seeing so far I would be an idiot to turn it down, providing everything is legit. It really sounds like the guy with the Larue is motivated to do the trade before he moves.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

Mmm, trade Stag for possible fake Larue...go for it, worse thing that can happen is you traded junk for junk...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Larue rifle is a low volume produced boutique rifle marketed towards civilians for hunting, target shooting, competition, etc. purposes. Overall it's a quality built AR that should be accurate and reliable.

The Colt rifle is the real deal "tool"....the no bullshit standard for serious use. It's produced in large volume, and is marketed as a combat/duty rifle. No frills, or bells and whistles like the Larue rifle.

If you have a Colt or two in your safe.....by all means try a Larue, however if your only going to own one AR meant to serve in a serious manner, I'd pick the colt all day long.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-07-13 at 19:02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast