Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gear Sector Hand Stop

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    I guess these would still conduct heat as much as a bare rail would no? In which case gloves would still be required?
    It would still conduct heat. Aluminum is great as a heat sink, and in your case you are experiencing this. I would think that a plastic panel such as an XTM panel would suffice as a sacrificial protector, plus its a cheaper attempt than this item is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Cons:

1. The price but comparatively, its cheaper than the KAC and its VERY very well made. I like mine a whole hell of a lot better than the KAC product which i offloaded in less than 750 rounds.
    What did you not like about the KAC product?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3 View Post
    What did you not like about the KAC product?
    I didnt like the curvature. It was too slick and i wasnt able to get a good enough hold on it. As a handstop, due to the height of it, it was also generally higher than my rail panels. I like how the gear sector product is seamless with most rail panels and very low profile. The angle is perfect which i find to be very funny because when i first saw the product on TOS i emailed Jason and bitched that these little babies needed knurling so we could have a positive grip.

Jason promptly told me i was an idiot and that i didnt know what i was talking about and as it turns out...he was right. (this is sarcasm btw!!! Jason is one of the nicest dudes ive ever had the pleasure of dealing with as a consumer)

These handstops worked alot better than i had anticipated. I was absolutely 100% convinced that knurling would be required for a sure grip but boy was i wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've heard "rumors" that these are manufactured by BOBRO engineering and then branded with GEAR-Sector's trademarks. If so, awesome, but what I'd like to know is if there's any truth to this?

Feedback Score
    I've heard "rumors" that these are manufactured by BOBRO engineering and then branded with GEAR-Sector's trademarks. If so, awesome, but what I'd like to know is if there's any truth to this?
    Absolutely zero truth to this. Where do people come up with this stuff?

I have been working on this project for the better part of the past 2 years now. We have already released 8 components in our new low profile line and still have about a dozen more completed and waiting to enter production.
    Jason G Trusty
    GEAR SECTOR™
    www.gearsector.com
    1-877-556-GEAR ( Toll Free )
    1-219-406-5795 ( Direct )

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Absolutely zero truth to this. Where do people come up with this stuff?

I have been working on this project for the better part of the past 2 years now. We have already released 8 components in our new low profile line and still have about a dozen more completed and waiting to enter production.
    Not sure - heard it second hand and wanted to confirm (had a good hunch I'd be able to hear from you on this).

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My impressions.

Pros:

1. Its very low profile with just enough of an angle to allow a positive grip, it really DOES stop the hand from moving rearwards or forward depending on what your goal is.
    2. There are no sharp angles.
    3. Speaking of angles, they're perfect. When paired with a rail cover there is NO seam or gap or any areas that are going to pinch you. The KAC handstop does not work as well with rail covers or ladders due to the front curvature.
    4. It weighs nothing.
    5. For people that arent interested in the AFG but still shoot with a thumbs forward grip, this little sucker is the ticket and beats out every single VFG on the market. Im really amazed at how something so small can give the shooter such a huge degree of purchase on the rifle.

Cons:

1. The price but comparatively, its cheaper than the KAC and its VERY very well made. I like mine a whole hell of a lot better than the KAC product which i offloaded in less than 750 rounds.

All in all, this is a pretty badass little widget for shooters that run their reaction hands in the manner suited for this type of add on.

Get one, you will love it.
    Remember to show me this at the next drills or match. I want to see one in person.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Where do people come up with this stuff?

Its the internet.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Remember to show me this at the next drills or match. I want to see one in person.
    Only if you FINALLY come up with the name that you promised for myself and Matt "the wonder twins".

It better be good!!!

Remind me and ill bring one out.

Even IF these were manufactured by Bobro...who cares? Bobro makes great stuff so we should all HOPE that whoever Jason is using is as good as those gents. Quite frankly i think its a little offensive to grill a retailer/designer as to who they're using to produce their goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quite frankly i think its a little offensive to grill a retailer/designer as to who they're using to produce their goods.

I don't care if Jason has them whittled out of butter blocks by the Amish, as long as they meet his standard its all good. I'm more interested in the end result.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast