Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a whiskey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Recommend me a whiskey (and cigars)

As I'm sitting here finishing off the last of the Johnnie Walker Black that I got for my birthday I realized that I need a new bottle of whiskey. The trouble is that I don't know anybody that drinks whiskey. With all the fine taste in firearms around here I know that some of you have got to have equally good taste in alcohol so what whiskey would you recommend?

ETA-This is not to be mixed with anything. I am looking for a good whiskey to drink neat.

ETA #2- let's also talk cigars a these two subjects go hand in hand. I'm new to the smoking world but it is the best bad habit I've ever started. Cigar talk starts on page 9.
    Last edited by RancidSumo; 04-04-12 at 00:21.
    Tu ne cede malis
    http://mises.org

"Cheer up Jim. Thank God we don’t get as much government as we pay for!"
    -Charles Kettering

Feedback Score
    The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch Whisky
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Glenlivit is good... aberlour 12 is better. Try it. Once you go single malt, you'll be hooked.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would suggest Scotch...my drink of choice is Macallan 21
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like we've got a scotch crowd here. I did not like the taste at all when I first started that bottle mentioned above but after tasting it several times I enjoyed that last glass a lot. Scotch recommendations are definitely welcome.

I looked through that thread a couple times and I'm thinking of picking up a bottle of Makers Mark because of it.
    Tu ne cede malis
    http://mises.org

"Cheer up Jim. Thank God we don’t get as much government as we pay for!"
    -Charles Kettering

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bourbon: bookers

scotch: Caol Ila

both very yummy...
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Looks like we've got a scotch crowd here. I did not like the taste at all when I first started that bottle mentioned above but after tasting it several times I enjoyed that last glass a lot. Scotch recommendations are definitely welcome.

I looked through that thread a couple times and I'm thinking of picking up a bottle of Makers Mark because of it.
    How much are you trying to spend?
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    When you say "whiskey", do you mean American bourbon from Kentucky, Irish Whiskey, or single malt Scotch Whisky? They are different beasts.

American - I am partial to Buffalo Trace bourbon. Very inexpensive, only about $20 a bottle, no import duties.

Irish - Black Bush Irish Whiskey. About $40 a bottle if you can find it.

Scottish - Glenmorangie 18-year-old single malt Scotch, about $120 a bottle.

All of these taste very good neat. No ice, no water, just a glass to pour it in. I love my poison unadulterated.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Whiskey is for mixing and Scotch is for drinking Neat

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast