Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a whiskey

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I can find the 12yr old for $599 May have to fork up the extra $50 for it. The 10yr old is running about $549 that I can find

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I can find the 12yr old for $599 May have to fork up the extra $50 for it. The 10yr old is running about $549 that I can find
    Ouch. I could have had the 23 year old for $500, but the wife would kill me.

Feedback Score
    Boone county was solid. Completely different level.

Don’t know if I’ll ever make it past a amateur bourbons- haha.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-14-17 at 18:38.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pappy is too rich for my blood, but I'd be more than happy to help you drink it. I'm just a simple KY Pappabear that feels like I splurge when I buy a bottle of Elija Craig. I tried a cheap bottle of a Two Stars the other day, very smooth, I hear its the wheat in it. Not too complex but smooth. I like most of the common fodder, Makers Mark, Buffalo, Woody Reserve. Knob Creek bites me a little hard.

This thread is going to make me feel reasonable about splurging for a Christmas bottle in the $100 range. What should it be? For those who did this sort of thing often.

Pappabear out
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Makers 46 is my favorite overall. Woody Reserve is also very good. I just tried some Jefferson Ocean Aged and its very good! Pappy is really way out of my league also. I can dream though and one day I'll probably have a total brain cramp and plop down the money for a bottle. I'll have to hide it from the wife though. She knows about Pappy and if she saw the bottle I don't think I'd be alive to drink it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pappabear,
    This might just be up your alley. Elijah Craig barrel proof was just named whiskey of the year. I have not tried it myself but is getting excellent reviews. And it's only about $65 IIRC.
    ETA: I just checked and it's $58 @ total wines.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 12-15-17 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Pappabear,
    This might just be up your alley. Elijah Craig barrel proof was just named whiskey of the year. I have not tried it myself but is getting excellent reviews. And it's only about $65 IIRC.
    ETA: I just checked and it's $58 @ total wines.
    Single barrel is different than small batch, correct? Im just finishing a large bottle of the small batch and absolutely love it.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Single barrel is different than small batch, correct? Im just finishing a large bottle of the small batch and absolutely love it.
    Not single barrel but rather "Barrel Proof". And yes, it is not the same as small batch. This is a step up from small batch.

Feedback Score
    Maybe someone already suggested this but Eagle Rare single barrel ten year is good.

Also is priced right about $32.

http://www.buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/eagle-rare

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Pappy is too rich for my blood, but I'd be more than happy to help you drink it. I'm just a simple KY Pappabear that feels like I splurge when I buy a bottle of Elija Craig. I tried a cheap bottle of a Two Stars the other day, very smooth, I hear its the wheat in it. Not too complex but smooth. I like most of the common fodder, Makers Mark, Buffalo, Woody Reserve. Knob Creek bites me a little hard.

This thread is going to make me feel reasonable about splurging for a Christmas bottle in the $100 range. What should it be? For those who did this sort of thing often.

Pappabear out
    One of may favorites and only available in limited quantities this time of year in that price range is High West Midwinter Nights Dram. A superb bourbon. Usually found for between $80.00-$90.00 per bottle.

Notes of fig, tobacco, vanilla, rye bread and toffee. It's one of my all time favorites.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast