Thread: What should I upgrade on my Colt to make it run naturally better?

Feedback Score

What should I upgrade on my Colt to make it run naturally better?

I have a Colt m4 6921 with zero problems. I do; however, want to change the parts that might fail with better ones. I have been told that some company in Texas makes a buffer tube spring that lasts forever and replaces the cheapy factory piece.

What else can I change to make this thing run naturally better with parts that last longer?

I have the Magpul grip that holds a spare bolt piece and firing pin. Who makes quality comparable to Colt but decently priced that would drop in?

I have mag pul furniture, BCM charging handle, and a flip up iron.

I am going to mount an ACOG at some point. I tend to shoot my .22 rifles and ak more because of ammo costs but still love my M4.

What spare parts should I have on hand?
    Last edited by Siggy; 12-14-10 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Good choice on rifle. I've put 12,000 rounds through my 6921 so far and I have only had to replace the gas rings. I would recommend you getting a few sets of those ($3 part). As far as the bolt any MPI, shot peened bolt will do you fine. Colt and BCM are good choices. The gunfighter you chose is a wonderful upgrade. You can't break them, at least I haven't yet and I get pretty aggressive when racking my CH. I have broken my stock one, and also a gas buster. So far this one is going good.

Just be careful when you start messing with springs, buffers, carriers, etc you can cause reliability issues with short stroking, etc.
    Your wife is like a new gun... sooner or later you are going to want to shoot them both.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Return of a troll. <<Click>>
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."