Thread: SCAR 17 magazines.

Feedback Score

SCAR 17 magazines.

Has there been an increase in availability for these? I haven't done a search in a while. Last search I did showed prices still in the $100 range. Reason I ask is I have a friend whom is looking into purchasing a .308 platform and he seems pretty keen on the SCAR. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Better availability and cheaper. I picked up 5 for $40 each almost a year ago. I know there's some company selling 25 round mags cheap, but I'd reserve those for the range only.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 08-20-12 at 11:38. Reason: $40 each, not for all 5
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Ok, Thanks, I'll let my friend know and I will look around the usual vendors.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On fnforum.net there is a magazine availability thread that is updated pretty regularly showing who has them in stock and at what price. In the SCAR 17 sub forum

What anti gun people need to understand about gun control: It's like peeing in your pants on a cold night in Ranger School. It feels pretty good at first, but it is certainly not a solution to anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Has there been an increase in availability for these? I haven't done a search in a while. Last search I did showed prices still in the $100 range. Reason I ask is I have a friend whom is looking into purchasing a .308 platform and he seems pretty keen on the SCAR. Thanks.
    For 300 bucks he can get a SCAR lower from Rainier that takes PMAGs and the mag problem is solved forever.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I thought I located SCAR 17 Mags and the order was placed so I ordered a FDE scar 17 and today the company emails me. " The mags you ordered are on backorder. You will not be charged until we ship them. We do not have an ETA from FN as to when they will be coming in.

Thankyou,

So if anyone knows where I can get SCAR 17 Mags please reply in this post. Crazy how a 3k dollar rifle that is pretty easy to find has a magazine shortage.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    here ya go:

posted today on fnforums and directly from the FN estore for $40

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17...-fde-mags.html

There not too hard to find.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    here ya go:

posted today on fnforums and directly from the FN estore for $40

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17...-fde-mags.html

There not too hard to find.
    I guess it's a matter of who you know...

Thanks brother I just ordered 4 and they gave me a free FN T-Shirt
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers