Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: which .308/.762 AR and why

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggLee71@hotmail.com View Post
    Hoplo, you only heard about the "one" that I bought...not #2 inbound..lol. I love Noveske but damn, they are hard to get a hold of!!! I'm just a rifle lover and the 3 companies we speak of put out top notch stuff. Accuracy to me (along with battlefield reliability) is paramount to me. I want a tack drivin, knock down weapon that'll just keep on running with as little hassle as possible. Maybe I'm looking for the "Holy Grail" of battle rifles but they can be had with with the companies we've mentioned...or build your own. Oh Hoplo, just thought about it, the KAC MK11 and MK11 Carbine maybe legal in "Commie-fornia" due to the fact that its marked as such and not "SR25". Kevin B would know.
    IIRC didn't California ban the "RAS" by name in the legislation? Meaning the rail itself?
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yup, sure is!!! It , to me, represents the pinnacle of 7.62 AR platform technology. KAC has had a serious "product improvement" program ongoing for quite sometime with these platforms. They are tweaking the shit out of them and producing some kick-ass rifles!!
    Who has it? No KAC dealers have it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    Who has it? No KAC dealers have it.
    PM me. I know 2 dealers. I would post it publicly but I dont know what this sites policy is on non-member dealers. The MK11 Carbines are readily available!! Get some "Goodness"!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh Hoplo, just thought about it, the KAC MK11 and MK11 Carbine maybe legal in "Commie-fornia" due to the fact that its marked as such and not "SR25". Kevin B would know.
    I'm gonna pull the string on this a little...... If true, my wallet is about to go on a weight loss program.
    Last edited by JPB; 02-25-10 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    Interesting trend being observed by LWRCi REPR owners--> Their selling it. Wonder why?
    I actually really like my REPR. I use mine for pure enjoyment, no functional use. The fact that P-Mags don't run right in it does bug me, but they are supposed to have a fix for it already. I have a feeling that many of the sales may be due to the fact that people ordered them during the craze of last year thinking they were going to sell them for big profits with no intent of actually keeping it. Everything died down, and now you have a $3K rifle that you can't actually afford. Some people bought multiple rifles planning on selling them. I have a co-worker that ordered 3 REPR's only planning on keeping one. Don't get me wrong, there are people who just don't like it, or it does not meet their needs, or expectations.
    Last edited by gunadict; 02-25-10 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fella's just off the phone with the KAC dealer and the 2 MK11 Carbines he had a week ago are gone!! He said he put a call into KAC and they said that they only mfg.'d 25 of em. Dont quote me on that. Kevin can verify that number. The good news is that the SR25EM is available. I heard they are fantastic rifles. The dealer told me he had an EM in stock that printed quite an impressive group with the included target. If Kevin wishes to disclose the type of performance they are typically getting with the EM, thats fine with me. As for me, I'll just keep my mouth shut and let my MK11 do my talking!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mk11 Carbine is lasered Mk11 Carbine on the upper - but the lower is engraved SR-25 - and is not kosher in Ca.

I will try to make a longer post tomorrow.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Mark makes a nice gun, it will be interesting to see if he can kick out 200+ a month at that cost and keep the same quality.

If your going to bet your life on a gun, $2 grand is nothing.

For a casual shooter that may not need his rifle to be able to fire 1,500 rds suppressed before cleaning and maintain subMOA accuracy. Some guy on a hill top in Afghan may
    From what I've seen from LaRue, I believe the last thing to worry about from Mark is .............quality.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not trying to question Mark, or LT's manufacturing.

I will say that we have been building 7.62mm SR-25's for a while, and our guns are in use with the Military.
    We have been able to tweak our designs over time, and can build 250+ of them a month that all shoot sub-moa and are reliable.
    We took a lot of growning pains from that, as making a lot of something is tougher than making 10 or so a month.

We pride ourself on the SR-25 EM Carbine, it works suppressed and unsuppressed with no adjustable gas block needed.
    It can do 1200-1500rds a day (min) suppressed at a high firing schedule. As well can survive 12k+ rounds and still be fit to fight
    I'd be willing to bet no one else can claim that.

The SR-25 Carbine and Mk11 Carbine's where done in limited amounts of older discontinued models we made for government customers.
    IIRC 35 Mk11 Carbines and 40 SR-25 Carbines.
    I beleive we still have some of both left.

BUT - the SR-25 EM Carbine is cheaper than the other too, more reliable, softer shooting, and just as accurate as the SR-25 Carbine, and perhaps looses a hair to the Mk11 Carbine.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Kevin,
    So the MK11 carbines does not have the Mk11 markings on the lower? Just want to confirm before I chase one from my dealer.

Thanks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast