Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: which .308/.762 AR and why

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I'm not trying to question Mark, or LT's manufacturing.

I will say that we have been building 7.62mm SR-25's for a while, and our guns are in use with the Military.
    We have been able to tweak our designs over time, and can build 250+ of them a month that all shoot sub-moa and are reliable.
    We took a lot of growning pains from that, as making a lot of something is tougher than making 10 or so a month.

We pride ourself on the SR-25 EM Carbine, it works suppressed and unsuppressed with no adjustable gas block needed.
    It can do 1200-1500rds a day (min) suppressed at a high firing schedule. As well can survive 12k+ rounds and still be fit to fight
    I'd be willing to bet no one else can claim that.

The SR-25 Carbine and Mk11 Carbine's where done in limited amounts of older discontinued models we made for government customers.
    IIRC 35 Mk11 Carbines and 40 SR-25 Carbines.
    I beleive we still have some of both left.

BUT - the SR-25 EM Carbine is cheaper than the other too, more reliable, softer shooting, and just as accurate as the SR-25 Carbine, and perhaps looses a hair to the Mk11 Carbine.
    Does the collapsible stock affect accuracy?
    (i.e ) if everything else is the same, will a non-standard A2 stock be JUST as accurate?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The stock does not affect accuracy in of itself - but stocks can affect you cheekweld and eye relief and comfort etc.

I shot a sub 1/3rd MOA group with a 2.5-10x NightForce on a SR-25EM Carbine several weeks ago -- it had a collapsible stock.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    the POFs and DPMSs are junk
    Why are the POF's junk?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score

RRA

I bought a RRA 16 inch model for fun. Thats what it does for me. Dont think it is a serious battle rifle, but I did not buy it for that. It is plenty accurate but it does have its weak points and the talk about the use of the FAL magazines does create a problem. It is a good plinker, accurate but not hard core. If I was going to look at an AR platform for a battle rifle, I would save my money and buy one of the higher end rifles, if it is to be used as a plinker, this is a good rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Subbed

Feedback Score
    I own a LaRue OBR 20" rifle, topped with a Leupold mk4 4.5-14 optic. It regularly groups .75" at 200yds in 5 shot groups, sometimes better, if I have a real good day. I also own a PWS mk214, with a t1 with the 4moa dot, and at 100 yds I get 2" groups average. Both rifles do exactly what I want them to do, with the LaRue really being exceptional.

Kevin, the KAC rifles are beautiful, and lust worthy in every aspect. I wish for an m110 daily

Not all of these rifles ( 308 ar's) would perform in a battle situation, many need tweeking to run well. Both of mine worked great from go, but if your life counts on it, I would take the SR-25, battle proven!
    Last edited by edgecrusher; 11-29-12 at 07:11.
    the firearm hobby, welcome to poverty

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think the best all around is the LMT. The price is not too much, and not too little.

That being said, KAC and Armalite make really great rifles too. I like the fact that there is now an Armalite that will accept the SR-25 patterned magazines.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwickwire View Post
    I like the fact that there is now an Armalite that will accept the SR-25 patterned magazines.
    I did not know that. Awesome

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567