Thread: New DD build. Thanks for help

Feedback Score

New DD build. Thanks for help

Thank you to everyone who offered advice. I was initially going to go with a Del Ton or CMMG bargain bin I was going to be about $650-$750 for one of these rifles. I was steered towards BCM by someone and quickly realized for just a bit more I could have a really great rifle. I had everything ready to order from BCM and my total for the upper was $580 when I came across a Daniel Defense DDM4 upper for only $650. It is as follows:

Daniel Defense DDM4 upper
    "The Daniel Defense DDM4 complete upper receiver groups come complete with, 16″ Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, and Omega X 12.0 FSP Rail System.
    # Upper Receiver: A4 Upper Receiver with M4 Feed Ramps
    # Barrel Characteristics: 16″ Cold Hammer Forged, 5.56 NATO Chamber, 1:7 Twist, Chrome Lined, Mil Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, HP and MPI tested
    # Complete Upper Weight: 4 lbs 8 ozs
    # Bolt Carrier Group: F/A BCG, HP and MPI Tested, Shot Peened Bolt, Extractor Booster, Properly Staked Gas Key
    # Flash Hider: A2 Bird Cage Flash Hider
    # Rail System: Omega X 12.0 FSP"
    $650 + $16 for shipping

Rock River stripped lower-$118 with shipping and FFL license
    Rock River LPK -$70 shipping was included with upper
    Magpul MOE Stock, hand guards, pistol grip and mil spec buffer tube kit for $120 + $10 shipping.
    Total was 968 yet I will be able to sell hand guards and pistol grip since I ended up with the DD upper and be in the low $900's

The total was $200 more than I thought I wanted to spend initially but i feel I got a fantastic gun in return. I view that as savings since I now don't have to buy a $100-200 rail later or "upgrade" components as I go! It hasn't even been one day and I'm wanting it all to get here!

Thanks again for the advice and I'll get pictures up as they come.

Feedback Score
    So could you tell me where to find this deal on the DD upper? I would be interested.

Feedback Score
    pkfirearms.com