Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSA any good?

Feedback Score

DSA any good?

Looking for a cheap upper for a beater AR and was wondering if anyone had any thought on DSA?

Feedback Score

Question Same question ?

I was just considering buying DSA's mid length upper with the fluted barrel to start a new project. Can someone share some first hand knowledge on guality, fight, accuracy etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgood1013 View Post
    Looking for a cheap upper for a beater AR and was wondering if anyone had any thought on DSA?
    I bought one of the uppers they have advertised for $275. Finish is great...matched up fine with my Rock River lower. So far I only have around 500 rounds through it but haven't had any issues and accuracy is on par with several other brands I have. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_accuser View Post
    I bought one of the uppers they have advertised for $275. Finish is great...matched up fine with my Rock River lower. So far I only have around 500 rounds through it but haven't had any issues and accuracy is on par with several other brands I have. I don't think you will be disappointed.
    My only thing with dsa is their post about ammo warning on their web-site?

do not use:
    chineese , russian steel case.. ok.. no wolf ammo. crap anyways.. i no use...
    chilean nato.. cavim from venezuela, cbc from brazil, indian from state. or 70's production israeli 7.62... that's about it.. so far.. not really sure who buys that stuff.

I reload my own 223. do they give out a spec sheet saying hot hot I can make my loads? heavy?.... I would only say. get a stag beater for 450bucks or so.

Feedback Score

I saw too about the ammo

I have a bushmaster and must have put some 3000 rds of wolf steel ammo through it with no problems. I saw the warning on DSA's website and was wondering what the big deal was. there might be some additional wear but for that price when it wears out just get another one. This is just going to be a beater anyway. I think RRA has the same warning.

Feedback Score

I saw that too about the ammo

I have a bushmaster and must have put some 3000 rds of wolf steel ammo through it with no problems. I saw the warning on DSA's website and was wondering what the big deal was. there might be some additional wear but for that price when it wears out just get another one. This is just going to be a beater anyway. I think RRA has the same warning.

Feedback Score

DSA

From what I can find...DSA's were built by LMT for this company. DSA is known for their FAL Copies and I feel pretty good about my recent purchase of a ZM4 lower. Fit and finish looks to be very good...I too would be interested in learning more about this company.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score

DSA are gtg

I'm ordering a barrel from them for $180 for my first build. I have read reviews about them from other sites and so far what I've heard is good. I think Thompson Center makes the barrels for DSA. No worries.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I got a ZM4 upper last fall. Seems to work great. I wanted to try out the nitrided barrel. Less than 1000 rounds through it but mine works fine with Wolf ammo. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW, I got a Daniel Defense receiver last year that was marked DSA. Daniel Defense confirmed that DSA makes receivers for them on occasion, I was happy with the quality of the receiver, just wasn't happy with paying $150 to get a Daniel Defense receiver made by someone else.

-matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast