Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Fn-Fal

Feedback Score

Smile Brazilian Fn-Fal

I am trying to find some info on the following rifle. The info is as follows....Imbel Pac 12665 Itajuba Braxil Pacific Armament corp FZ SA 7.62 C3A. The selector switch shows three positions...S,R,and A. I believe this is A FN-FAL in 7.62x51. The seller wants $650. It looks like it is in good shape with no rust and a good bore. This is the first time I have seen a rifle of this kind and I know nothing about this type . Thanks for any info as to what it is and is it a good buy?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    FALFiles is probably your best bet for information - some here own and use FALs, but they live and breathe them over there. Don't get too hung up on the three positions for the selector, PAC probably built these on the typical surplus lower - no go-fast parts are in there.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah54 View Post
    I am trying to find some info on the following rifle. The info is as follows....Imbel Pac 12665 Itajuba Braxil Pacific Armament corp FZ SA 7.62 C3A. The selector switch shows three positions...S,R,and A. I believe this is A FN-FAL in 7.62x51. The seller wants $650. It looks like it is in good shape with no rust and a good bore. This is the first time I have seen a rifle of this kind and I know nothing about this type . Thanks for any info as to what it is and is it a good buy?
    If it's a brazilian/imbel receiver and without more information I'd say jump though it sounds too good to be true so more info is needed.

Pics would help, especially of the receiver markings (you can blur out the serial numbers).
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-21-10 at 09:26.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score

Brazilian FN-FAL

I don't have any pics because i haven't picked the rifle up yet. I have it on lay away at a pawn shop. I don't know if this helps for further I.D. but I do remember it had on the left side a crest with the word Imbel in it followed by Itauba Brazil.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's just the receiver.....it completely depends on what parts kit the rifle was built on, although with those selector markings it sounds like it could be an Imbel parts kit that saw service in either Africa or Chile.

Quality of parts and quality of the build will guide the price.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    As was mentioned the FalFiles is the place for information. I have built a few over the years and currently own 3 metric variant FAL's.

From what info you provided, It is a Metric FAL variant built on an Imbel receiver.

Imbel receivers alone are going for over $300.

If the bore is good and it is headspaced properly (easy to fix with another locking shoulder) it is a steal for $650.

Metric magazines and parts for metric rifles are plentiful and readily available from many sources. Prices for parts and mags are very reasonable.

The worst thing about FAL's right now is ammo, surplus has dried up and what is out there is going for almost .50 cents a round.
    "Disperse you rebels!, Damn You! Throw down your arms and Disperse!"....British Major Pitcairn at Lexington, April 19th 1775

Feedback Score

Brazilian Fal/IMBEL...now with pics

Quote Originally Posted by Micah54 View Post
    I don't have any pics because i haven't picked the rifle up yet. I have it on lay away at a pawn shop. I don't know if this helps for further I.D. but I do remember it had on the left side a crest with the word Imbel in it followed by Itauba Brazil.
    I picked up the rifle Saturday and fired 6 rounds through it...constantly adjusting the gas valve until it functioned properly. The recoil was no where near what I imagined it would be..it was actually fairly mild; it definitely wasn't as bad as my Mosin M-44 carbine. I have taken some pics which are posted with this update. I tried to post them under edit but, it wouldn't let me so I did it under quotes. Sorry if I have posting errors...just want to share with you guys that have taken the time to answer my post. Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Here you go - I made them live. Nice rifle!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    By the way...

Question: How do you tell if an FAL is truly Brazilian?

Answer: No hair around the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    At first blush I'd say you did well grasshopper.

What are you going to do with it?

It's crazy how spoiled you get with the gas regulator. It takes a lot of bite out of that recoil especially compared to a G3 or bolt gun.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-28-10 at 11:35.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast